Voom channel problem w/129 switched in

justalurker said:
Scott claims that he was sent the D1000 ...
JL
As opposed to stealing it? Of course it was sent to him.
John Kotches said:
JAL:

Unless Scott is part of the beta community then he's in what we refer to at my employer as "Unsupported land" . Whatever happens, happens.
I'm sure that Scott is familiar with the expected levels of support for regular customers, beta testers, and "mad scientists".

GaryPen said:
As opposed to stealing it? Of course it was sent to him.
I'm sure that Scott is familiar with the expected levels of support for regular customers, beta testers, and "mad scientists".
I have to agree with Gary.

Scott claims that he was sent the D1000 - so I am suprised that his first call wasn't to the insiders at E* that sent him the beast. Unless the source of the D1000 was just a retailer friend.
Retailers do not have Dish 1000's yet, they wont get them for at least another 3 weeks.

It should also be noted that the same thing happened when Dish sent me the first actually production unit of the SuperDish, no feedback, no instructions nothing. Just a box came in the mail and I rushed to set it up and reported my feedback online.

At least with the Dish 1000 I have received some calls from Dish seeking my feedback on the Dish and have also been called twice for signal reading as well.

BTW it appears Dish has been readong this thread and fixed the VOOM issue. Dispite what you read on another site Dish is not banned here and over the past few days have been very active here. It appears the other site like spreading more and more lies. I had a good talk with Dish and they have some suprises coming from them and from me as well. I wouldn't want to be them. :D

Scott G said:
BTW it appears Dish has been readong this thread and fixed the VOOM issue. Dispite what you read on another site Dish is not banned here and over the past few days have been very active here. It appears the other site like spreading more and more lies. I had a good talk with Dish and they have some suprises coming from them and from me as well. I wouldn't want to be them.

IMO, you don't need to post most of this. Just be better resource than "another site" and the rest will take care of itself.

John Kotches said:
IMO, you don't need to post most of this. Just be better resource than "another site" and the rest will take care of itself.
I've given him that advice for over a year and all it has earned me is a false accusation and a no refund lockout from the Pub Member area.

Please note that there have been several retailers reporting their first arrivals of Dish1000's, so the thought that they have not been sent to retailers is also false. And also note that the problem wasn't fixed (assuming that report is true) until after it was mentioned on "another site". :D

spinzone.gif

JL

stuart628 said:
never thought I would say this but I am going to side with garypen on this one too,

Dish hater (gary) :)
Thanks. But, I must correct you. I am not a Dish hater.

I am not a Dish lover. But, that does not make me a Dish hater. I actually have no emotional involvement with them, and do not understand why people do. It's a freakin' utility company for crissakes.

GaryPen said:
Thanks. But, I must correct you. I am not a Dish hater.

I am not a Dish lover. But, that does not make me a Dish hater. I actually have no emotional involvement with them, and do not understand why people do. It's a freakin' utility company for crissakes.

trust me, dang it again, I am totally with you on this one, ask my wife, who ever can lower my bill, and give me better channels I will be right there with them, if time warner came to me today and said, we will give you everything for 39.99 a month or lower, guess who has my business, I just havent found anything lower/better quality then dish right now in my area. but I am with you it is a company I am drawing sides on either side, I was just giving you a shot to the ribs

Just a question is Voom being moved from 61.5 to 129? Or is it being mirrored on 129? Where will the next 11 Voom channels reside. Just hearing too many rumors.

BFG said:
This bring up another question. Is 129 intented to be the Voom mirror for the west coast or are they planning to migrate all HD to that satellite. If I have to eventually move my 61.5 to another location to pickup 129 that one thing. But if I need to add 129 to the already 4 satellite locations I now have that would require greater trouble and expense.

It will be a mirror. I have talked with Dish about it and they know not many on the East Coast can get 129 because of the low look angle.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It will be a mirror. I have talked with Dish about it and they know not many on the East Coast can get 129 because of the low look angle.
Thanks for the info. I imagine the west coast has the same problem with 61.5.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Ugh, guess its time to spin the dish back around to 61.5. Maybe if Dish didnt have to mirror so many channels they'd have bandwidth for espn2-hd, universal hd, the local networks, espn-u, etc etc etc ;)

OK.. I need to get some questions answered now as I am a techie and I'm getting very confused.

1) Are the VOOM channels on 129 open to anybody or are they just for Beta.
2) Is the 129 bird a "normal" satellite or FSS?
3) Is there any update on the NFL Network?
4) What is a Dish1000? I'm guessing (105,110,119,129). Is there a switch that can get all 4 plus a wing? (148)

I know I shoud RTFF, but I'm too busy watching HD to do so. :D

Thanks!

Oyving said:
Currently not for 'mere mortals' - just testing. Eventually these will be just as avaliable as the uplinks on 61.5. The uplinks on 61.5 will not go away until AFTER the conversion to MPEG4 HD is completly done - which will be a while. (Even if MPEG4 HD was available to customers today the conversion period would last more than a few months.)
Oyving said:
If by normal you mean DBS/BSS then yes. It is a regular DBS satellite.
Oyving said:
Nope. Stay tuned.
Oyving said:
4) What is a Dish1000? I'm guessing (105,110,119,129). Is there a switch that can get all 4 plus a wing? (148)
D1000 is 110-119-129, no 105 or 121 involved. The mad scientist thread may have confused you. (That's why I called my hack a D1105.)

At this point there is no reason to get all four plus the wing. It is expected that the important content on 61.5 and 148 will be mirrored on 129 by the time it is released to the public. Whatever you need 148 for may end up at 129. Why do you need that set of five?

JL

Oyving said:

I know I shoud RTFF, but I'm too busy watching HD to do so. :D
1. Beta
2. DBS, not FSS
3. Nope.
4. Dish1000=110/119/129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)