picture quality

C

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
i have had dishnetwork for 5 days after having fios for 2 years. i recently moved and fios said they will charge us to come out and install in new home so i said dishnetwork has just as many hd channels. well dishnetwork hd quality is know were as good as fios. black scenes arent black faces look like clay on some channels a lot of motion artifacs. i have a 1080p tv. i know dishnetwork uses hd lite do they plan on going full hd anytime soon or do i need to drop before my 30 days and pay for what i watched so far?

L

LJALLEN97

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2007
Western, Oregon
You don't give any info as to what programing tiers you have and your set ups. My HD is great and has been for 2 year since up grading to it. Your post is difficult to follow.

C

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
i have a 211 and a 612 both connected by hdmi i have Americas everything package.
i also noticed that they are double and sometimes triple of the same hd channels.

K

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
i have had dishnetwork for 5 days after having fios for 2 years. i recently moved and fios said they will charge us to come out and install in new home so i said dishnetwork has just as many hd channels. well dishnetwork hd quality is know were as good as fios. black scenes arent black faces look like clay on some channels a lot of motion artifacs. i have a 1080p tv. i know dishnetwork uses hd lite do they plan on going full hd anytime soon or do i need to drop before my 30 days and pay for what i watched so far?

Better get out while you can. Because PQ has just gotten worse. Except for a few channels. And if Fios is available by all means get it.

whatchel1

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
He will have to stay

He is past the 72 hr regret time period. The PQ is pretty good and it just depends on which location you are in as to how good or how many channels Fios has. I admit if I had a choice tween FIOS & E* I would like go FIOS since that would mean the i-net speed would be great as well. The pricing of FIOS is a bit high I have heard.

C

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
I will give dish a call and head back to verizon. I didn't think dish picture quality was so bad compared to fios.

P

peano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 6, 2004
i have a 211 and a 612 both connected by hdmi i have Americas everything package.
i also noticed that they are double and sometimes triple of the same hd channels.

Are they set to 1080i? By default they come set to 480p.

ONUOsFan

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
720p is better then 108i, but not better then 1080p

720p would certainly be better than 108i, if it existed... whether or not it's better than 1080i, however, is debatable. For most people, there's no difference, although it can depend on your TV.

Todd Nicholson

Todd Nicholson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 18, 2008
Good luck getting out of your contract. You'll probably have to pay a hefty ETF.