PIP question

goredie

Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
PIP question and Pay-per-view ?

Could someone please tell me how to change the channel when using PIP. I can't seem to figure it out. Do I have to change the channel in dual mode and then switch to single mode?

I have a 522 btw.

My other question is - can you order pay-per-view via the 522? I can order it via the 811 but not the 522. I get a message saying this reciever is not capable of ordering pay-per-view check back later for furture software upgrades.

I just hit swap, change the channel to what I want, then swap back. I also love being able to pause the one in PIP, watch the other till a commercial comes on, pause that, swap to the other and continue watching. In effect watching 2 shows at the same time. Man I LOOOOVE PIP. :D

I do that without needing or using PIP, and without pausing. Just watch show A until commercial, hit swap (no PIP necessary) and reverse back to where you left off on show B, till commercial, etc... Some fine tuning and eventually compromise may be necessary in that procedure, since you will continually be falling behind on both shows. Sometimes I just like to watch show A while the other tuner is on show B, and when A is done, hit swap and reverse back to the beginning of show B. To answer the unasked question, I don't just record one show because I'm basically out of DVR space and don't want to delete any of my precious recordings. I'll leave that up to the 522 when it decides I've had all of them long enough.

As for your PPV question, you should be able to order one with the 522. I have never tried any PPV though so I have no experience with that on my 522.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)