Edision PIP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I installed a fixed second dish today and connected it to Tuner B. I configured the new dish LNB appopriately in Tuner B.

PIP works. Is there a single button that will swap the channel in the PIP window with the main display? Years ago when I had PIP on my analog TV, this was possible.

Also, while viewing, how do I switch between Tuner A and Tuner B? I'd like to compare C/N values between the 1m and 1.2m dishes.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have been playing with the second tuner. You cannot have the same satellite location in both tuners, well you can but it only will select the last tuner configured with that location when selecting a channel. So to compare the two dishes you need to add a new position or select one in the installed list that you don't use and assign it to the tuner B as your satellite you want to compare on the two dishes. It seems to be this way in all the images I have loaded.

I have Tuner A configured with LNB1 and LNB2 on the 1.2m dish for 87W. LNB1 is an LNB at the dish focal point (either Ku or C). LNB2 is an LNB offset by 6 degrees.

I have Tuner B configured with LNB3 on the 1m dish for 87W.

Edision is smart. I can watch the Florida channel on 87W with the 1m dish using Tuner B. Using PIP, I can also watch the Patient channel using Tuner A on 87W at the same time with the 1.2m dish which motors from wherever it is to 87W.

So that is one scenario that makes it worthwhile to configure the same satellite in each tuner. This would be useful too to be able to record a different channel on the same satellite while watching another channel on that satellite.

I checked C/N on the Florida channel with each tuner by temporarily unconfiguring the other tuner. The 1m dish shows 11.3 dB. The 1.2m dish shows 12.6 dB. So the 1.2m dish is 1.3 dB higher C/N than the 1m dish in this example.

Added: If I set priority of LNB1 higher than LNB3, then LNB1 on the 1.2m will always be used if available. This ensures receiving the best possible signal at any time.

Added2: Easiest way to compare signals coming from different dishes on different tuners is to use the Signal Finder. I have a hotkey configured to go to the Signal Finder. With Signal Finder on screen, you can toggle between Tuner A and B and compare C/N for different dishes for a selected channel.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
I decided recently that it is quick and easy to change the 1.2m dish from C- to Ku-band so I have abandoned using an offset Ku LNB on that dish. I can swap LNB/LNBF brackets in just a few minutes without retuning. Therefore, now I use LNB1 for the C LNBF and LNB2 for the Ku LNB. In each case, the LNB is at the dish focal point. The motor position is the same for each LNB. The LNB3 Ku LNB on the 1m fixed dish will give me access to PBS on 87W when the 1.2m dish is in C band mode.

The value of PIP for us has always been so we could watch a different TV channel or listen to nice music while monitoring the progress of commercials in the small window during live TV. When the commercials complete, then you switch the little window back to the main screen to continue watching your show and close PIP.

...PIP works. Is there a single button that will swap the channel in the PIP window with the main display?....
Just discovered this feature is OFF by default. You can activate using System>>Setup>>GUI Settings>>User interface>>Behavior of '0' button in PiP mode. Best setting is 'Swap PiP and main picture' which keeps PiP window open. Or you can choose ''Move PiP to main picture' which swaps and then automatically closes PiP window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)