Pittsburgh-West (including Wheeling/Steubenville) Voomers

:( Yep, the EPG had been worked on for the past couple weeks. I just hope we can use the STBs for OTA and have the PSIP data incorporated into the EPG.

WQEX programming change

This morning WQEX is showing kids programming - and general PBS stuff through the day. This is cool, since the family will be living off basic cable and whatever OTA I get.

It is like that every Tuesday. FCC rules require so many hours of children's and public affairs programming per week and WQED puts that programming on WQEX on Tuesdays.

Thanks Bryan - too bad it's just Tuesday though. Not bad kids programming. After that it's all shopping - all the time!

Yep. I find Tuesdays to be a bit odd as most stations with shopping type programming put the children's and public affairs programing on Sundays. Watch on days when the home shopping stations are off the air. On Christmas and New Years WQEX ran evey single special from the Pittsburgh History Series.

Here is something cool I found out today. My brother at WTOV said that Cox basically sees no justification of running two HD NBC stations since WTOV and WPXI's coverage areas are nearly identical (once WTOV goes full power). WPXI will run in HD for the region and WTOV will run with 2 SD signals. One would be NBC-SD and the other would be a regional weather channel. Not one of those with just a weather radar on the screen but live hosted weathercasts and glitzy graphics 24/7. The 5 minute promo they are putting out over on 9-2 is really cool. It says you will no longer need The Weather Channel and you will get all the regional weather when you want it not just on the 8s. NBC will also be producing localized weather segments with Al Roker for the affiliates running a 24/7 weather channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)