Platinum package ?

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have the 250 package with HD. My cinemax for a penny deal just ran up, so i cancelled cinemax. When I canceled they put me back to the 250 with HD. When this happened I lost the platinum channels. When I called back to find out why, the csr said I had never had the platinum channels because I never subscribed to them. I thought a while back dish gave you the platinum channels with the HD package, am I wrong? Was I just lucky to get them for a while? Now my only option is to sign up for hd for life to get all the channels for 10.00 a month. Not going to do that, fiber is coming to my area soon, and I am not going to be in a commitment for that!:)

They were giving away the Platinum package for a while to HD customers. I think it was largely because the package had become depleted of any real value so no one was willing to pay $10.00 for it. When they went to the HD for life, it coincided with the addition of Indie, Retro and 2 Epix channels that made the Platinum package more viable. So, anyone that had both HD and Platinum really didn't benefit from the HD for life deal.

I think all of these providers are trying to milk as much as they can from HD since it won't be that long until it's the standard and analog will be a thing of the past and they'll do away with all the SD channels anyway. That's why all the providers are pushing upgrades to get the old equipment weeded out.

Chances are you had the HD free for life promotion on your account and when you went to remove Cinemax they took the HD for life codes off of the account.

Prior to June 3rd customers who had the HD & Platinum package for $10/mo where converted to the Platinum package for $10 and given HD for life with no autopay or $99 requirement.

Chances are you had the HD free for life promotion on your account and when you went to remove Cinemax they took the HD for life codes off of the account.

Prior to June 3rd customers who had the HD & Platinum package for $10/mo where converted to the Platinum package for $10 and given HD for life with no autopay or $99 requirement.

Thank You thats what I thought. I mentioned it to the csr on the phone and the one online and both said I am wrong. I think I might be sol on this one. This is why I never make any changes to my account, they always screw it up. They have done it in the past with adding receivers. Any idea on how I can get it back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)