Playing NBC Feeds w/ All Audio Tracks (via VLC and OpenWebif)

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
NBC feeds are great, except for the split audio tracks that they contain. Here is a way I've found to watch with all audio tracks active. This is done via PC and the player VLC, and in my case with Enigma based STBs, specifically OSMIO4k for me.

First, make a .bat file like this:

Next, I use the OpenWebif application on the PC to stream the feed. First establish the stream so the STB has sent the appropriate DiSEqC command to align your system to the correct Sat/Polorization.

On my system (PC), when I start to stream, a file is created, like pictured here:

1598311926818.png

Now, drag the appropriate file (could be any channel, not just NBC) onto the .bat file you created. This gives me NBC with all audio channels activated. Will come in handy for when footbal starts this fall.

This should work if you can get the file that's created when initiating the OpenWebif stream.

Reactions: KE4EST and FTA4PA
Alternately, to launch the channel...

Open VLC by dragging the VLC.exe file over the .bat file to launch VLC with all audio channels activated.

In OpenWebif Right click the "Stream" icon next to the NBC channel that is desired, then Copy Link Address.
1598314723918.png

Go to VLC>Media>Open Network Stream and paste the network link, then Play.

Reactions: FTA4PA
NBC feeds are great, except for the split audio tracks that they contain. Here is a way I've found to watch with all audio tracks active. This is done via PC and the player VLC, and in my case with Enigma based STBs, specifically OSMIO4k for me.

First, make a .bat file like this:

Next, I use the OpenWebif application on the PC to stream the feed. First establish the stream so the STB has sent the appropriate DiSEqC command to align your system to the correct Sat/Polorization.

On my system (PC), when I start to stream, a file is created, like pictured here:

View attachment 147184

Now, drag the appropriate file (could be any channel, not just NBC) onto the .bat file you created. This gives me NBC with all audio channels activated. Will come in handy for when footbal starts this fall.

This should work if you can get the file that's created when initiating the OpenWebif stream.

Alternately, to launch the channel...

Open VLC by dragging the VLC.exe file over the .bat file to launch VLC with all audio channels activated.

In OpenWebif Right click the "Stream" icon next to the NBC channel that is desired, then Copy Link Address.
View attachment 147185

Go to VLC>Media>Open Network Stream and paste the network link, then Play.
That sounds pretty cool! Thanks for posting! :hatsoff Wonder if this would work on a Linux system. Linux doesn't use .bat files but does have .sh (shell script) files for similar function. Still slowly checking out what my Edision MIO 4K+ can do so I haven't even tried any streaming yet with it but will have to look into this. :)

Try the method in the second post. Launch VLC by dragging the exe file over the bat file icon. Right-click/copy link the stream icon next to the channel in the OpenWebif channel list. Paste this link into the Open Network Stream, then Play.

Sometimes my OpenWebif will create the m3u8 file, other times it will launch the VLC player. I guess it's a YMMV type of thing. I'd think you can get there with either method.

That sounds pretty cool! Thanks for posting! :hatsoff Wonder if this would work on a Linux system. Linux doesn't use .bat files but does have .sh (shell script) files for similar function. Still slowly checking out what my Edision MIO 4K+ can do so I haven't even tried any streaming yet with it but will have to look into this. :)

The batch file (*.bat) in Windows/DOS is basically the same thing as a shell script in Linux. The shell script vlc line probably will be the same as the format in the *.bat file. The script file can be added to the Desktop by saving/moving/copying it to the Desktop folder. You'll have to run chmod to make it executable though. There are tutorials for creating the script. It looks like you'll need to specify which shell should be used to execute the file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts