Please help me find 129 AGAIN!

satinsticksguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Long time lurker. First time poster. I'd like to start by thanking everybody here for all of the useful information I've learned here.

Currently I have a Superdish 105 (105, 110, and 119) and have taken advantage the upgrade to the 622 which is the only receiver I currently have in use. Last fall, I aimed an existing Dish 500 from 110/119 to 129 so that I could get the HD channels there. I combined the output of the DP34 from the Superdish with the output of the Dish 500 with a DP21 and was able to get all 4 satellites. When I upgraded to the 622, I added another DP21 so that I could get all 4 sats on both tuners. My signal strength on 129 was in the 70's and 80's.

Everything was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. The Dish 500 got bumped, and the next time I tried to get a channel from 129, I found out I wasn't getting a good signal. So, naturally, I thought a simple re-alignment would get me going again. Well, I've wasted at least the last 2 weekends trying to find that stupid satellite again. After several unsuccessful attempts, I finally decided that maybe a tree that I didn't think should be a problem maybe was. So I moved the dish this last weekend so that it is completely clear of any trees, but I still can't find 129 again. Yesterday, when I first started trying to find it, I was able to get a signal in the mid 50's, but after I adjusted to improve that, I lost the signal completely and was not able to find it back. As an aid to find the sat, I attached a de-activated 301 directly to the Dish 500 (w/ DP dual), cleared the switch matrix, and slowly searched east to west and up and down. I was able to get a good signal from 119 when I got too far east, but was not able to get back to 129.

Any suggestions? I do have an extra Superdish dish. Would it be a good idea to try the Superdish instead of the Dish 500? If so, do I set the skew back to 90 degrees like on the Dish 500? Thanks for any help or ideas.

Larry D.

I was using a Dish1000 but went back to a Dish500 for 110/119, a Dish300 for 129, and a 2nd Dish300 for 148. I used the directions below to help me find 129 yesterday; I hope they'll help you out as well.

“Just for reference, 129 will be about 5 degrees lower and 10 degrees west (to the right, if standing behind a dish 500) then it would be for 119. If you are using a dish 500, use the 119 side of the Y adaptor, set the skew to 90, and start with the peak angles for the 119 sat on a dish 500, then move the elevation down about 5 degrees, and then slowly turn the dish to the right until you get signal. You may have to adjust the elevation a bit from there, but you should be able to see some signal on the point dish screen.”

Here's a nice dish angle calculator:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)