Please Help....No 119 Signal, Also LNB drift (e-7)detected on 110.

Research555

Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Hi to all. I'm new here. :)
I purchased the dish 500 a few yrs ago. Recently a tech came out and installed a new dish on a pole in the ground to enable me to receive the local channels. (don't know what it's called). I have 2 receivers and 3 tv's. For the past 2-3 weeks, I can only get local channels and channels 188, 185, 109. I checked both receivers and the channels that DO come through are on satellite 110 and transponder 2 or 11.
All channels that show "error 002" are on satellite 119 with various transponder #'s...13, 14, etc.

My receivers are model: DP301

When I did the test, the following was the result:

LNB Drift detected: DP34

Warning 836: check switch test found fewer satellites than previously detected.

LNB Drift Detected:
oxod, oxa1, 110(e - 7)

Switch Status:
Connected to a DP34 with 3 inputs.
Port 1: DP dual - 2 119
Port 2: DP dual - 1 110
Port 3: DP feed 105

Only a week ago, for example, I could leave it on channel 205(Fox News) with the error 002 displayed......yet after 3 or 4 hours it would come back on for a few hours, then back out. Now it won't come in at all. Any channel that shows satellite 119 has no signal at all when I check it.

Below are some of the things I think possibly might be causing or contributing to my problem:

We've had some strong winds and storms the past few weeks, but all the channels would later come back in, until recently. Also it looks like the dish is turned to the right more than what I remember it being. Yet it's tight, and I don't see how it could have turned. But it's not pointed directly straight toward the southern sky as much as before.
Surely, one of my grandsons (ages 5yrs and 7yrs) couldn't have turned it some while playing in the area. :confused: Should I loosen it and turn it back to the left some and see if that fixes it?

Also I was cleaning under the cable wires one day and suddenly the tv got a fuzzy picture. When I moved the wires again it cleared up. Obviously I have a loose and/or bad cable or connection somewhere and I haven't fixed it yet. :eek:

My system is a few years old, but I had the LNB replaced with a new one approximately 2 to 3 yrs ago. Is it time for this one to go bad too? :confused:

I don't know if tree limbs could be blocking the view. Standing behind the dish, there are tree limbs that may have grown into the view on the right side only.

I can't afford to have a tech come out.
Based on all these facts, and the facts I'm not aware of, what is likely the cause? :mad:

Also, does the LNB Drifted 110(e-7) mean I'm about to loose the few channels I have left? :confused:

Any information and thoughts given are very much appreciated. :)

frustrated,:(
Connie

Last edited:
every thing you mentioned could cause most of the problems that you are having, except LNB drift, even though (e-7) is still with in tolerence (e-8) is considered bad. this can still cause problems..like freeze and go video...I would check you line of sight from yoour antenna..

If the old dish is still in place, connect to that one. Locals are no longer carried on 105, so that SuperDISH is no longer necessary.

You could call DISH and tell them about the LNB drift on 110 and ask them to ship you a replacement LNB for your SuperDISH. They don't carry them anymore so you might end up getting a free tech call to have a 500 put back on the SuperDISH' pole.

Also, you can try explaining your financial hardship to DISH and they can probably put you on DHPP for an extra $5 a month and waive the $29 service call fee because of your financial situation.

You could call DISH and tell them about the LNB drift on 110 and ask them to ship you a replacement LNB for your SuperDISH. They don't carry them anymore so you might end up getting a free tech call to have a 500 put back on the SuperDISH' pole.

I'm getting e-10 on 110 (and e-7 on 119). Haven't noticed any problems yet, I noticed it check my software version.

Are you saying Dish no longer carries the DP Dual? Isn't that what was used on the Super Dish?
I see DP Dual-1 for both 119 and 110 (not DP Dual-2)

Is 105 even active now? I get a big X over a red back ground for 105.

I'm getting e-10 on 110 (and e-7 on 119). Haven't noticed any problems yet, I noticed it check my software version.

Are you saying Dish no longer carries the DP Dual? Isn't that what was used on the Super Dish?
I see DP Dual-1 for both 119 and 110 (not DP Dual-2)

Is 105 even active now? I get a big X over a red back ground for 105.

We still carry DP Duals.

It is the SuperDish 105 LNB "assembly" that we no longer carry. It was mounted to the end of the arm and held the 119, 110, and 105 lnbs.

I believe that I read somewhere Dish has now finished using the 105 for locals anywhere, so I wouldn't worry about the 105.

The superdish 105 had a combined LNB for 105 and 110 because they're only 5 degrees apart and a DP dual would be too wide to accommodate a 105 FSS LNB next to it, so they built one in a common housing for both LNBs.

When I get back from my vacation I'll look at again, but I though I had a normal DP Dual and a separate LNB for 105.

I wasn't worried about programming on 105, just though it was odd that it was red.

My 4900 is running of my Dish500 because the DP adapter broke, and that's when I noticed I didn't need 105 for anything anymore.
Bad move for Dish though. The spend a lot of money designing, installing and setting up SuperDish and Dish 1000 systems that are now a waste. I'd be happy to remove it too, as it was put on a ground pole in a poor location (hard to mow around it) but that would require another DP adapter or a SW64 to connect all 3 receivers.
Wonder if a SW34 and a DP Dual could be traded for a SW64?

The superdish 105 had a combined LNB for 105 and 110 because they're only 5 degrees apart and a DP dual would be too wide to accommodate a 105 FSS LNB next to it, so they built one in a common housing for both LNBs.
Incorrect, the 121 superdish required a combined LNB for 121 & 119 due to the only 2 degree difference between the satellites. The Type I 105 Superdish (The metal one, not fiberglass) has a complete DP Dual for 119, then inside the shroud, a DP Dual with it's casing removed for 110, and a seperate FSS LNB for 105. Although it is my offices policy to completely replace a superdishe with dish a 500, it is technically posible to replace both Duals (you have to remove the plastic casing for the 110 LNB) and still use the Superdish. I have only done this twice, for customers that had bad dish 500 experiences, and told me they would cancel dish if I took out their superdish and put in a dish 500. I could not convince them that their issue was LOS @ the 500 location, not the dish itself.

Incorrect, the 121 superdish required a combined LNB for 121 & 119 due to the only 2 degree difference between the satellites. The Type I 105 Superdish (The metal one, not fiberglass) has a complete DP Dual for 119, then inside the shroud, a DP Dual with it's casing removed for 110, and a seperate FSS LNB for 105. Although it is my offices policy to completely replace a superdishe with dish a 500, it is technically posible to replace both Duals (you have to remove the plastic casing for the 110 LNB) and still use the Superdish. I have only done this twice, for customers that had bad dish 500 experiences, and told me they would cancel dish if I took out their superdish and put in a dish 500. I could not convince them that their issue was LOS @ the 500 location, not the dish itself.

Maybe I was trying a little too hard at repressing those memories of working with them dang things. The fiberglass 105s sucked because that 110 was irregular and had a sharp point on its plastic cover. The metal ones had a DP dual or single with no plastic.

every thing you mentioned could cause most of the problems that you are having, except LNB drift, even though (e-7) is still with in tolerence (e-8) is considered bad. this can still cause problems..like freeze and go video...I would check you line of sight from yoour antenna..

Not it's not. + or - is tolerance. If we leave an LNBF with + or - 5 drift in a system, we fail the QAS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts