This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Please Help. Split Satellite Signal poor quality

Did you try swapping the cables on the splitter? Use your old TV, and the old coax (that you know is good) and try both sides of the splitter. If you get a good picture then the problem is the cable you made. Either try making a new cable, or go buy a premade one from Wal-Mart. The coax the installer left is going to be Rg6. If the connectors you bought do not state they will work on Rg6 then you have the wrong ones. Also it is very hard to strip coax properly with out a stripping tool. Unless you have the tools to do it properly I suggest you just go buy a premade cable.

Ohhhh, so I guess the connectors I bought are not meant for this type of wire. That can be the cause of the staticy image?

So I will get better connectors that are made for RG6 cables.

Thanks a million guys. Hope this solves the problem.

I see you live in Northern California. I also live in Northern California if you are close I
could stop by and fix the problem if your close by I live in Cloverdale, ca 95425

you could change the channel on the dvr receiver go to tv1 location where
the receivers at and hit the menu button then the number 6 for system setup
the number 1 for installation the number 5 for modulator and go to where it says
tv2 and change the number to 21 by arrowing down save this and change
both tvs to channel 21.

this should resolve the problem!!

-Make sure its a splitter and not a diplexer.They look the same but a diplexer will say diplexer on it and it will have labels in/out,sat,vhf instead of a splitter which is in,out,out

-Switch the tv's and see if the problem still exists on the same tv.If so its a tv problem.
In this case:
-set tv in tv menu to cable and the new channel will be 116