Plz help with winegard dish and dishpro lnb

Holysmoke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
185
11
I have a dishnet subscription but live in an area that is very rainy this time of year, southwest florida, they call it the rain season.

well I lose signal all the time and I want to try this 30" winegard I bought.

I dont know how to mount my dishpro dual lnb to the winegard. I dont know how to protect the cables connections from rain damage and how to seal the lnb from water. I dont know how to make the lnb get the signal from the dish (what angle)

any help appreciated.
 
Holysmoke said:
I have a dishnet subscription but live in an area that is very rainy this time of year, southwest florida, they call it the rain season.

well I lose signal all the time and I want to try this 30" winegard I bought.

I dont know how to mount my dishpro dual lnb to the winegard. I dont know how to protect the cables connections from rain damage and how to seal the lnb from water. I dont know how to make the lnb get the signal from the dish (what angle)

any help appreciated.
First make sure that dish has a "D" shaped mounting tube. Rectangular send it back, universal send it back. For the rest of your questions contact a local dealer.:)
 
I take it from the lack of response that people think Im hacking. I really do sub to dish. Is there a dealer I can buy from because I don't have a local dealer that sells fta dishes and noone will help unless you can sign up for a new dish install for them.
 
Holysmoke said:
I take it from the lack of response that people think Im hacking. I really do sub to dish. Is there a dealer I can buy from because I don't have a local dealer that sells fta dishes and noone will help unless you can sign up for a new dish install for them.
Holysmoke where are you?:)
 
DPP Twin doesn't match requirement for a gap between 110 and 119 LNBFs when using bigger then 24" dish - forget about Twins !
You'll need SEPARATE single/dual DP LNBFs ( how many I don't know, but for start three: 119/110/129 ) and custom holder.
Judging by your questions, the task should be addressed to someone who knows this stuff. [Call Boba ;)]
 
sounds like a task thats for sure.

maybe I should just buy the 31" winegard and invacomm lnb combo
 
Last edited:
Holysmoke said:
sounds like a task thats for sure.

maybe I should just buy the 31" winegard and invacomm lnb combo
The LNBF is for FTA receivers, not for regular Dish boxes; what satellites you should have according your subscription ?
 
just get a couple DishPro LNB's for 110/119 and use a hoseclamp to clamp them together. You might have to gut the casing off one LNB to make it fit on the holder, but it works :)

I use to have LNB's for 123, 110, 119 on a single 30" dish (123 was for my FTA system)

Here is a couple pictures. 1st is 123/119 hoseclmaped. 2nd is my current 123/119. Note the masking tape to fill in the holder. MOst 30" or larger dishes ahve a adapter to fit in the LNB holder for the smaller lNB :)
 

Attachments

  • 123 & 119.JPG
    123 & 119.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IM000838.JPG
    IM000838.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 215
  • IM000840.JPG
    IM000840.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 211
yeah...I can thank the stupid HOA for that

Had a stained deck then somebody in the HOA got a hair up their ass and said "the HOA will take care of the decks" and they painted them :eek:

That lasted, oh, till the first snow fell. So my deck floor is a mix of brown and wood color :) Now they decided that its the home owners responsibility for the decks.
Thats a next spring project
 
Iceberg said:
just get a couple DishPro LNB's for 110/119 and use a hoseclamp to clamp them together. You might have to gut the casing off one LNB to make it fit on the holder, but it works :)

I use to have LNB's for 123, 110, 119 on a single 30" dish (123 was for my FTA system)

Here is a couple pictures. 1st is 123/119 hoseclmaped. 2nd is my current 123/119. Note the masking tape to fill in the holder. MOst 30" or larger dishes ahve a adapter to fit in the LNB holder for the smaller lNB :)


does the 30" dish reduce rain fade?
 
It does seem to help. But here in MN it seems like I get more of the dark clouds (which kills the signal) more than rain.
 

622 No Sound On Other Tuner When I Swap

Any New Installation Tips?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts