point dish help

hjai

Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
on the point dish screen (i use satellite 119), why is it that when i find a transponder with max signal strength(transponder 1), the receiver always goes back to the default transponder 15, with less than max signal strength?
by the way, regarding my threads about blockiness, i changed the receiver and the lnbf, and the s-video still comes out blocky. i might just go to the coax. even though it's not as sharp, it doesn't have ANY of those annoying blocks

When does it go back to transponder 15? The next time you go to the point dish screen?

The blockiness you are seeing is not because of the receiver or the LNB, it's the overcompression of the signal. The modulator output is not as sharp as the Svideo, its still there, just harder to see.

It always shows the transponder the sat was last tuned to. So it would be whatever channel you were watching that happens to be on TP15.

The reason TP1 is higher than the other TPs is because TP1 is a spot beam TP so it's power gets focused into a smaller region, which results in higher power.

And when it comes to posting signal strengths, always post TPs 11 & 12 on 110 & 119. That's so we're all doing apples to apples comparisons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)