This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pointing CM4228 ?

GreginWV

Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Let me first say I am new to all this OTA and dish stuff (always had cable). Anyways what I have is a CM4228 with rotor,and CM7775 preamp. All my locals come in good, with 80% signal. Last night I decided to try and pickup the local PBS station, which is about 180 degrees from the other towers. I turned the antenna and tweaked it while watching the signal meter on my Dish 722, the best I could get was 70% on the PBS station. Now to my surprise I scrolled up through the other channels, and all of them had gone from 80% to 90 and 95%. Now I could be missing something here, but I pointed the antenna like instructed, and yes I do know where the towers are. Unless the instructions http://www.solidsignal.com/manuals/4228manual.pdf were wrong I can't understand why the signal is better 180 degrees out.

Thanks Greg

I use one of those antennas and it works best for me when facing directly towards the TV towers. Except one station where a reflected signal is better.

It may be that you are somehow blocked from a direct signal and are getting a reflected signal. Or maybe the reflected signal is just better because of the direction the TV towers are pointing.

There are also other variables like interference from one direction and not another that can play into it...

Does it really make a difference you found a position that get all your channels without moving the rotor. Enjoy it and don't worry.