Pointing Dish Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

couger77

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Kansas
Sorry if this issue has already been discussed, but I could not find my answer directly by searching.

I have a 522 with a SuperDish. I live in Kansas.

I lose signal everytime it rains here, which lately has been every night it seems. This is why I am even concerned about the "Point Dish" setup screen.

1. Why is it that when I first click on Point Dish, the signal strength is hovering around 54 on Transponder 13 and SAT 105, when... I get around 84-95 signal when I manually change it to 10/119?

2. When I hit "Done" after selecting what I think is a better signal, it does not keep my settings, it changes back to 105. Very frustrating. Ideas?

I ran a Switch test for your info and got the following errors:

----Sat Input 2----
Non DishPro LNB on DP34 Port 2

--
Port3 DP Feed Good Connection, No Signal​

So with this, am I getting signs of a poor install? What shall I do next?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Jeremy

couger77 said:
Sorry if this issue has already been discussed, but I could not find my answer directly by searching.

I have a 522 with a SuperDish. I live in Kansas.

I lose signal everytime it rains here, which lately has been every night it seems. This is why I am even concerned about the "Point Dish" setup screen.

1. Why is it that when I first click on Point Dish, the signal strength is hovering around 54 on Transponder 13 and SAT 105, when... I get around 84-95 signal when I manually change it to 10/119?

2. When I hit "Done" after selecting what I think is a better signal, it does not keep my settings, it changes back to 105. Very frustrating. Ideas?

I ran a Switch test for your info and got the following errors:

----Sat Input 2----
Non DishPro LNB on DP34 Port 2

--
Port3 DP Feed Good Connection, No Signal​

So with this, am I getting signs of a poor install? What shall I do next?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Jeremy

The 54 on 105 is not bad since it is a low power bird. You should get between 85-110 for 110 and 119.

Razorback Hog said:
The 54 on 105 is not bad since it is a low power bird. You should get between 85-110 for 110 and 119.

Ok, but why does it choose this SAT if it can get a better signal on 119?

Perplexed

couger77 said:
Ok, but why does it choose this SAT if it can get a better signal on 119?

Perplexed

It chooses the satellite that the signal you are looking for exists on. If your locals, as an example, are on 105, it chooses that satellite because they don't exist on 110 or 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)