Poll: How much time do you spend hunting for feeds?

How much time do you spend feed hunting?

• 0-1 hour

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • 1-2 hours

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • 2-3 hours

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • More than 3 hours (please explain in post)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
As the title says, how much time do you devote to hunting for feeds or ITC channels that are not normally ITC?
This is per day.........if you do not hunt for feeds on a regular basis but do it occasionally I'd like that info discussed in the thread also.

Edit: I guess I should add that I am in the 0-1 hour category on the average. If I get the urge I will sometimes spend more than one hour at it but no more than a couple. Most days not at all.

Last edited:
depends on time of year and day

during the week this time of year not very often...maybe 30 minutes to an hour tops.
But since I search for sports feeds, come weekends that changes greatly.

Come winter for college hockey feeds I'll scan for 3-4 hours finding games....College FB games it will be on and off all day since games start about every half hour. So I could blind scan then maybe 6-7 hours

so it varies :)

If I have both motorized dishes setup for Ku band, I might scan on one all night long, while watching something on the other.
If I expect that I should find a lot of feeds , like on a football saturday, I scan much more. Sometimes, though, I just scan until I find something sweet , and then I'm done.
:)

I'm generally not looking for something when I hunt.......well technically I am but I'm not sure what it is until I find it. That's part of the fun for me. Time of year definitely plays a part too.

I tend to do TV DXings, at 2 to 3 hours but in the winter time at sometime I can go over 3 hours on sports feeds and many more goodies too........:hungry:

So yes, it's varies.:)

I generally do not search (scan) for anything in particular. I just sit down when I get home from work and scan one sat or two just to see if I can pull in any new channels or feeds that might be available. This is usually around 5:00 am CDT, so there aren't too many feeds that are active. I suppose 15 to 30 minutes per day on average, just enough time to scan one or two sats at a sitting.

RADAR

I spend a couple of hours on Saturday and an hour or so on Sunday.

During the rest of the week, I seldom scan, unless I am setting up a new receiver...

I usually scan after the kids are to bed in the evening unless something I or the wife wants to watch. I scan more on weekends especially for football and basketball season. I also like to find live events and watch all the preps before the show. In some cases, this is better than the actual show. So, to answer the question, I would put myself in the 0-1 hour catagory, maybe 1-2 on busy weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts