Portable Dish Antenna?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am glad you mentioned that. I have been searching for max cable lengths. I would want to keep the antenna close anyway. Where I camped in the wooded COE or state parks before this time I will be in more civilized campgrounds without as many trees. This is why I wanted two a/c units.
I've heard of people going longer using RG-11 instead of RG-6, but I've not seen it in person. The problem isn't the signal level as much as it's the voltage drop not letting the electronics and motors work properly.

I've heard of people going longer using RG-11 instead of RG-6, but I've not seen it in person. The problem isn't the signal level as much as it's the voltage drop not letting the electronics and motors work properly.
I have only solid copper rg6 cabling and some of it is 3ghz.

I am glad you mentioned that. I have been searching for max cable lengths. I would want to keep the antenna close anyway. Where I camped in the wooded COE or state parks before this time I will be in more civilized campgrounds without as many trees. This is why I wanted two a/c units.
FYI, I use the X2 and a Wally in my fifth wheel and I keep high quality 25' and 75' RG-6 quad-shield coax on the rig for connecting the X2 to my Wally. I have actually had to use both with a coupler for a 100' total length without any issues. You milage may vary. I will say I have to connect directly to my Wally. Even though the coax system in my rig is supposed to support a satellite connection it will not work with my setup. Also, I find the Eastern Arc preferable and easier to attain in most circumstances. You also have one less satellite to have to wait on the unit to switch to. Also, the 129 satellite on the Western Arc gets pretty low in the sky here in the mid-west and more often than not ends up blocked by treetops. Good luck.

FYI, I use the X2 and a Wally in my fifth wheel and I keep high quality 25' and 75' RG-6 quad-shield coax on the rig for connecting the X2 to my Wally. I have actually had to use both with a coupler for a 100' total length without any issues. You milage may vary. I will say I have to connect directly to my Wally. Even though the coax system in my rig is supposed to support a satellite connection it will not work with my setup. Also, I find the Eastern Arc preferable and easier to attain in most circumstances. You also have one less satellite to have to wait on the unit to switch to. Also, the 129 satellite on the Western Arc gets pretty low in the sky here in the mid-west and more often than not ends up blocked by treetops. Good luck.
I agree, here on the east coast, I usually use the eastern arc when I have a choice. As it happens, I seem to find more sites with EA LOS than I do with WA LOS, probably due to the typically higher elevation.

I saw that in Columbus, OH, about 300' run with RG11 form the Dish to a Solo Hub
With my 1000.4 dish, I've tested with 500' of RG6 to a Solo Node and gotten a usable signal in the low 40's. Keep in mind a full sized residential dish is only powering the LNB via the coax, but most of the portable self-aiming dishes are also powering the aiming motors and internal aiming electronics.

I was finally able to get out to check the Pathway after getting 2" of ice/snow. The temperatures finally got above where the top layer of ice melted enough where I could take steps instead of sliding.
Everything seems to be working OK. It picked up all three of the Western satellites and it gave me options for buying OnDemand stuff. Where I am at the Eastern satellites were blocked by trees.