Possible to use auto-HDMI switcher with Joey3?

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
I am trying to figure a way to fix the sound delay issues with my Samsung 4k tv in the bedroom. I have an LG soundbar connected (via optical) to the tv and the tv speakers turned off. I also have a Roku 3 and Pioneer BluRay player connected to the tv.

I was thinking about using an auto switching HDMI switch to connect all the source components to the soundbar and then use the passthrough from the soundbar to connect one HDMI to the tv (rather than everything to the tv and the optical back to the soundbar). I am thinking I will have problems with the auto-switching due to the fact that the Joey constantly has some sort of video signal and is never truly off. I know I could get a switcher with a remote and change it manually but I am trying to simplify for my wife. Let me know if anyone has gotten this to work with a Hopper/Joey system. Thanks.

Well since nobody has any input on this, I decided to just order an auto-switch with a remote. I will try the auto-switching and see if it works. If not I will label the input buttons on the remote for the wife and she can pick the one she wants to watch. Thanks for reading.

My Sony STR-DH550 home theater system auto switches but only if an appliance really turns on and off. That is If I am watching (or have been watching my Hopper 3) and I turn on my Blu-Ray player it switches to the Blu-Ray player, but it will not switch back because the H3 is constantly transmitting the screen saver or regular TV viewing via HDMI to the HT switcher. I must use the remote to switch back to the H3 or to one of my TiVos since they both neither really shut down or stop transmitting HDMI data. Items like my Blu-Ray player and Roku will prompt the HT to switch to them when they are turned on.

My Sony STR-DH550 home theater system auto switches but only if an appliance really turns on and off. That is If I am watching (or have been watching my Hopper 3) and I turn on my Blu-Ray player it switches to the Blu-Ray player, but it will not switch back because the H3 is constantly transmitting the screen saver or regular TV viewing via HDMI to the HT switcher. I must use the remote to switch back to the H3 or to one of my TiVos since they both neither really shut down or stop transmitting HDMI data. Items like my Blu-Ray player and Roku will prompt the HT to switch to them when they are turned on.
Thanks for the reply, that is what I figured with the Hopper/Joey, they always have a video signal of some sort at the output so the auto switching will probably not work, but I will try it and make sure. I got a switch with a remote so that will work if it doesn't the other way. I was just hoping for something easier for the wife and to also try and fix the goofy sound delay issue with the Samsung TV using the optical out for the soundbar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)