Post times shown differently?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
OK, so I go biking around town all afternoon*, then come back, and do a simple refresh and now I see on here that the post times are shown differently. Instead of showing the actual date and time, they all say some # days and/or # hours ago. Did something change? My apologies if (a) this was already mentioned somewhere, or (b) Scott is just testing something on this Sunday evening.

* I don't know about the rest of you, but here in southwest Ohio today we had the absolute best weather since fall. But according to weather.com it looks like many of us had an enjoyable day. :)

Yup while fixing the DST issue I changed it to a more modern time look which should make it easier for people to follow threads. :)

OK, that will take me a little while to get used to (now I gotta do math with time), but as I study it more I realize it might not be so bad (to me)--time will tell.

However, if at some point down the line you find ;) an option for users to set as a preference which format to display, that may be helpful. :)

Another note, I personally appreciated the little extra precision given in the old format - "Apr 2, 5:30pm" tells me more than "1 day ago". Of course, it could probably say "1 day, 3 hours, and 5 minutes ago" but who wants that? :p

I don't mean to make a big deal out of it, you know, beat a dead horse, be redundant and repeating myself. :D Just my personal feedback, I see where many people would like the new format better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts