PPV Dilema

couger77

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Kansas
Ordered a movie last night.
Storm blew through and knocked out my Sat for 30min. Missed part of my show.

Has this happened to anyone else?
If so, were u able to get a refund?

Thanks for the info, and letting me know if it is worth it to call CS.

couger77 said:
Ordered a movie last night.
Storm blew through and knocked out my Sat for 30min. Missed part of my show.

Has this happened to anyone else?
If so, were u able to get a refund?

Thanks for the info, and letting me know if it is worth it to call CS.

Hi cougar, I think that they would give you credit for another movie. You must have had a heck of a storm I've never lost my signal that long. Go ahead and call them and tell them it was out for 30 mins. and I'll bet they will fix you right up.

Bob

Its VERY difficult to get a refund on PPV's. Trust me, I been through this ordeal before for PPV's that were NOT ordered. They used to take one off only ONCE!!! Now they do not want to do that in many cases and sometimes will not take it off even if it means shutting your service off. They are pretty strict about this as people have abused the system.

Also they will probably tell you that they cannot be responsible for weather related events and that since it is an All Day Ticket that you have all day to watch it again (unless you selected it to record at a specific time).

Sometimes you get lucky and talk to a nice CSR that can fix the situation but sometimes you also end up on the phone forever just to get the problem resolved which does not make it worthwhile.

Thanks Bob.

I am discouraged however that this is uncommon. I have thus posted another thread regarding this. Help me if you can. :)

Thanks for the input Stargazer,

I did record the show at 10pm, so I didn't have a chance to pick it up later. But I also noticed that the recording did not show up on my DVR list. Is that right? I just figured it was some sort of lockout feature for PPV programming.

Is the recording in a different menu perhaps?

Jeremy

stratguy said:
Hi cougar, I think that they would give you credit for another movie. You must have had a heck of a storm I've never lost my signal that long. Go ahead and call them and tell them it was out for 30 mins. and I'll bet they will fix you right up.

Bob

I live in tampa and can lose satellite hours at a time. We have some bad thunderstorms here that last for hours.

Stargazer said:
Its VERY difficult to get a refund on PPV's. Trust me, I been through this ordeal before for PPV's that were NOT ordered. They used to take one off only ONCE!!! Now they do not want to do that in many cases and sometimes will not take it off even if it means shutting your service off. They are pretty strict about this as people have abused the system.

Also they will probably tell you that they cannot be responsible for weather related events and that since it is an All Day Ticket that you have all day to watch it again (unless you selected it to record at a specific time).

Sometimes you get lucky and talk to a nice CSR that can fix the situation but sometimes you also end up on the phone forever just to get the problem resolved which does not make it worthwhile.

Hi stargazer, I got to thinking about your post and it started to make a little sense but not enough to make me understand why they would not honor your request for a credit so I just called dish and asked a CSR about this situation (I know I have way to much time on my hands) So if you can believe anything that this rep told me here is what he said. They keep track of how many credits that you have been given and the more that you have asked for the more they fight giving you the credit because they figure that it shouldn't happen that often to you. (shew! that was a mouth full) :)

So in other words the first couple of requests should be pretty easy but after that it gets a little harder. They also said that they compare your request to others in your area and if you are the only in your zip code that requests a credit they get a little suspicious. Maybe thats the way it is on maybe not but thats the story I got.

Bob

With some experiences I have been through with customers they would not even allow ONE PPV credit. The hardest ones to get credit for are the higher priced ones such as WWE or other sports. A good while back I had accidentally ordered a PPV on a receiver and they gave me credit for it without a problem but that has been a good while since that has happened. Since then when I have had others do the same thing they did not want to do anything even if the customer did not order the event to begin with (even if you speak to a Supervisor which will pretty well tell you that you can cancel your service if you want if you threaten that).

That does make sense as to them keeping track but it depends on what CSR you deal with at the time as some will while others will not. I didnt think it made sense either when in some cases it was the FIRST time any such thing had happened with some of these people and they still could not get a credit, but that could be because of the dollar amount of the PPV or package that they said was ordered.

You always have that chance that you are going to have trouble getting the credit even if it was their fault, even if it was a first time occurance. Sometimes it is just easier to hang up and call back but sometimes they seem to note that on the account and it makes it even harder the next time you call in. Too many people have abused the system and that is what has caused this.

Called Dish CS, no joy. They said that DN is not responsible for the length of the movie and all PPV is non-refundable. :(

Thanks anyways for your help everyone!

The movie btw, was Paycheck. So I guess it isn't a big loss! lol

I would email the executive offices if you are a long term customer and complain.
Worth an email in the dark!

Cougar,

I'm sure one of us here would be happy to send you one of our free PPV coupons that Charlie just sent us back when the Viacomm fiasco went on. I got two of 'em. The only problem is that I can't seem to locate them. Also, I got two sets of five coupons for signing up two other people through Club Dish. I don't know where those are either. If I locate them, I will PM you to let you know and you can send me your address where I can sent it to you.

Stacy

Kinda off topic but I ordered an HDPPV, the Antarctica one and man was I P.O.'ed. The cost was $5.99 and it ended up only being 45min long. Everything I saw, the guide, the info on it stated it would be an hour and a half. I emailed a pretty scalding email to E* using thier web page and they credited my account $2.00 to make it the price of a regular PPV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts