Premium channels and favorite channels

Nakedland1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2023
Boise
Hi everyone,

I searched but could not find this asked. If I missed, my sincere apologies.

ok, we have been with Dish a long time and only use the “favorite channels” for our tv listing guide. We do what you all do and add the premiums when they are on sale and then delete after the sale. Starz $5 a month deals, as an example. The only premiums we have right now is Showtime (8 channels) and the Epix package (10 channels). Both are $5 a month.
Those should be the only premium channels showing but last month, we started seeing all premiums channels listed. I go to settings and remove the channels, exit out and they are still there. We have done nothing to our system. No changes at all. They just showed up.
Has anyone else had this? Thanks for the help.
We have a Hopper 3. No Joeys. Just the one TV. Sony 85” 8K

Did those channels happen to be in free preview at the time?
I also only use Favorites and the freebies always show up and go away on their own.

Reactions: charlesrshell
No, just one day they appeared. Reached out to Dish but they had no clue.
The receiver is updated when updates appear. And it didn't happen after an update
I created another favorites list and they showed up before I added any channels.

I have AT200 and instead of using Favorites, I went through all the AT200 channels that we do not watch, set a password and locked them out.

In this case if a unsubbed channel is in free preview it shows up with no action on my part.

The locking of unwatched channels is arduous but I prefer it to favorites because it is not set to only certain channels.

Jim,
Sorry, explain like I’m a 6th grader.
Thank you
Press Home - Home and select settings.

Parental control - turn it on and set a password. Write it down and put it in a safe place.

Go to locked channels and move channels (just click on a channel to move it) you do not watch from the left (not locked) to the right (locked) column - removes them from visibility in your guide. There are a whole bunch of channels.

Back (saving).

Hide locked channels - turn it on.

Back - Back - Back to viewing a channel.

Now only the not locked channels will be displayed in your Guide and if Dish adds channels or turns on/off free previews they appear and disappear with no action on your part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts