Presidential Event Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbarnes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I was recently visiting a location that uses a lot of FTA stuff. One of the monitors showed the Pres Seal and said "Presidential Event Channel." Unfortunately, I was not in a position to get a better look at equipment or ask questions. Apparently, this is a feed by the White House Communications Agency to feed presidential speeches, etc.

Anybody hear of this or know where it is?

Thanks

Never seen a regular channel such as that, but I'm not surprised. It was probably a news feed channel by NBC that was setup in advance of some 'upcoming televised event'. I've seen similar feeds channels setup like that before, especially on 99w and 103.

I was recently visiting a location that uses a lot of FTA stuff. One of the monitors showed the Pres Seal and said "Presidential Event Channel." Unfortunately, I was not in a position to get a better look at equipment or ask questions. Apparently, this is a feed by the White House Communications Agency to feed presidential speeches, etc.

Anybody hear of this or know where it is?

Thanks

the feed is probably located on the washington, dc fiber pool feed circuit and then sent from the networks to their headquarters by their fiber links.

You can check the various network news feed slots if you think it's a Presidential event that the networks might think their affiliates would have interest in having because the network headquarters will uplink it to satellite to get it to their affiliates.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts