PRESS Release: DISH INTRODUCES AMERICA'S FIRST TRUE TV EVERYWHERE OFFERING

they make it sound ground breaking, but I have a slingbox and have done this for many many years.....

**limited only by the development of the iphone/ipod, android, and other apps but they have been around for a while**

It sure would be nice to try out this fancy new android app, but all mine does it get stuck on the log in screen. Still can't get into Dish remote access on the dish websight either. Anyone heard anything about how long this is going to take to get fixed?

Well I just ordered the sling adapter for my 722. I also like to bet on the horses. lol

I am often away on business trips so I hope this works with my laptop. I have 2 questions though..

1. Will I be able to view the OTA channels I get through my 722? and
2. Can I view recorded stuff on my EHD?

It says I need to be connected to the internet to use the watch feature...so all I have to do is get a connection to the revceiver and I'm good...

Or do I need slingbox to actually use it...

Have 622 now...

So just get a broadbang cord and hook it up to the receiver...is there a wireless way to do so???

Sorry for the stupid questions just want to make sure to get it right...if its possible to save 2-300 bucks for a slingbox then I will def do that with two little ones haha

I ordered my sling adapter yesterday, despite experiencing poor remote operation from my Droid X, but I'm encouraged today to find it is much improved. I have no idea if Dish or Sling really made some change to improve connection on an ongoing basis, but at least it shows that it can actually function. Now I'm excited to get the adapter and put it to use.

I was also very pleased to see how much more convenient it is to use the cell phone for operation than it is using the Dish remote control. I wasn't expecting that to be the case.

The BlackBerry app is still unable to connect. As usual Dish releases stuff that doesn't work. I reinstalled it several times, but no dice. It installs and tries to log in, but always comes with the prompt: UNABLE TO CONNECT
I understand that it is a beta, and beta still have bugs. But this one has the bug, that it doesn't even connect. I haven't even seen the layout yet. What a shame.

Can you restate your first sentence? I'm struggling with it. When you say that the base rate for SD is around 500 kbps, do you mean that is the lowest bit rate that gives satisfactory performance, and are you talking about upstream?

What does "the better jumps up to 1.5mbps" mean? I'm thinking there's got to be a typo in there.

I appreciate your testing, and I just want to be sure I really understand your results.

It's important to me, as I'm excited about the potential of getting a sling adapter, and also in the middle of a change of ISP to improve my upstream rate.

Unfortunately, my current ISP is limited to 512kbps, and the other says they can give me 1mbps. I can live with SD on that lttle 4.3" screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

He said that in order to get a picture in Standard Definition, you need at least 500Kbps download speed. Perhaps he gets a better quality picture if his download speed is 1.5Mbps or better.

The minimum recommended bandwidth from your ISP needed for the internet connection is for where the SlingBox is located. The recommendation is 500Kbps for uploading/ streaming of SD and 1500Kbps for HD. The bandwidth from your ISP only matters if you are watching the Slingbox remotely. If you are watching the SlingBox within you home and the SlingBox is on the same internal network you don't even need a connection to the internet.

I have a slow ISP. My download speed is 850Kbps and my upload is 600Kbps which limits the quality of the video I can watch remotely on a computer or my I-phone, which is why I have a Sling Solo. When I go to my son's home in Chicago and watch my Sling, it makes little or no difference that he has a 50Mbps Internet connection. I am limited by the 600kbps connection at the remote end. When I watch at home on my local network the SlingBox streams at 4000 - 4400Kbps using either WiFi or Ethernet over PLC. My router sends the sling streaming video directly from the SlingBox to the PC I am watching TV on without sending it out over the internet. This is enough speed for HDTV but when displaying video on a laptop I don't care. Both of my TVs are HDTV capable and connected to VIP 211s.

Hope this helps you understand how much bandwidth you need and where you need it.

Jim

Dish Configuration Recommendation

522 to 722k install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts