Price increase coming for locals?

man00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Doesn't matter if you drop locals or not, bet the farm there will be some increase coming.
My internet bill goes up and there been no upgrades of any kind for a decade
You buy a new car worth 40k, insurance is (example $400.00 six months) Three
years later you car is now worth 18k and your insurance is $450.00 for six months

Welcome to America kids

I couldn't help but think of this as I read this post.

297.jpg

Doesn't matter if you drop locals or not, bet the farm there will be some increase coming.
My internet bill goes up and there been no upgrades of any kind for a decade
You buy a new car worth 40k, insurance is (example $400.00 six months) Three
years later you car is now worth 18k and your insurance is $450.00 for six months

Welcome to America kids
The existing carriage agreements with all paid providers typically contain annual increases that Dish must pay. That's why our rates go up even in years with no major contract disputes in addition to other cost increases due to inflation, etc.

I must just eat the stuff that prices went up on. My grocery bill has went from $250 per month to $400 per month in the last year. Yet SS is only going up 5.9 percentin 2022. Who is paying for what I spent this year with a 1.2 percent raise in 2021.
Well just look at what SS COLA is based on and you will see it was set up intentionally to not rise much and based on things that are odd. Not every day things like food and housing!

Unfortunately, we can not have both ways. We cry that the prices are going up everywhere! (have you been to grocery stores lately?) and government should do something. Then, we get mad that the same government should stay away from our daily lives.
Okay, maybe that guy from dish that's blaming the carriers for some locals for asking for price increases should stop?

I believe the issue is 'auto hop'! When it was first introduced we, subscribers fell in love with it. On the other hand, local station owners hated it.
Basically, they are demanding more money because we easily skip commercials with the touch of a remote button.

And be sure to get a dual tuner OTA dongle for your Hopper, too. That way it’ll integrate into your EPG.
Hear hear. That gives you 2 simultaneous OTA stations. Now all Dish needs to do is put 4 OTA tuners in one dongle (or do the software for 2 dongles) so that you could record the big 4 all at once. OTA PTAT!

Unfortunately, we can not have both ways. We cry that the prices are going up everywhere! (have you been to grocery stores lately?) and government should do something. Then, we get mad that the same government should stay away from our daily lives.
I don't want govt action on high prices. Their actions are the main reasons we're having a spike in prices in the first place.

Hear hear. That gives you 2 simultaneous OTA stations. Now all Dish needs to do is put 4 OTA tuners in one dongle (or do the software for 2 dongles) so that you could record the big 4 all at once. OTA PTAT!
My solution, the TiVo Bolt OTA with All In Service - 4 tuners.

I have 2 of them so I can record and watch almost everything OTA that I want.

Made the mistake of buying a TiVo Edge OTA with All In Service, only two tuners and they are pretty weak at that - probably sell it. Newer isn't always better, my Old TiVo Roamio OTA also has 4 OTA tuners and they are better than the Edge.

My solution, the TiVo Bolt OTA with All In Service - 4 tuners.

I have 2 of them so I can record and watch almost everything OTA that I want.

Made the mistake of buying a TiVo Edge OTA with All In Service, only two tuners and they are pretty weak at that - probably sell it. Newer isn't always better, my Old TiVo Roamio OTA also has 4 OTA tuners and they are better than the Edge.
It's amazing how Tivo went backwards with the Edge for OTA. two weaker tuners (compared to previous models) just doesn't cut it in today's cord-cutting environment. Well with the cable card mandate now gone, I don't expect them to be bringing out non- commercial products for much longer anyway. Their competitors are bringing out products just as good or even better in the ota space at a lower price. And products like Channels or Playon are already in the streaming space, so Tivo probably will lose out on that market too.

It's too bad, because I've been a big Tivo fan/supporter for over a decade.

I must be a TiVo fan also.

Since 2004 I've had at least 12 Tivos from Series 2 to my Edge OTA. Most lifetime TiVos bought off Ebay or local sellers. I'm still running one TiVo HD with an upgraded 1TB hard drive. Currently have 7 TiVos active - all set up and running.

I once had a RePlay DVR bought at a garage sale, put in a new hard drive and it was still playing when I had to trash it because the company no longer supported the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts