Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

With everything else, I forgot to even comment on the price increase on the premiums. I have several on going promotions at 1/2 off for 6 months or free for 3 months. They are all close to expiring. At current rates, I'm not sure the premiums are worth half their price; and yet they seem to think that they are worth another dollar each. Does anyone else find it insane that HBO is almost at $20?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I was thinking the same, as a two Hopper owner with other increases premiums are just not worth it even 1/2 off and BB@home package as well though I do watch channels in the package. Now multisport with Redzone and the baseball version I will keep though I will continue to see if I can get 1/2 multisport in the future.

Well,unless Dish changes their minds at the last minute,I would say the $5 increase is a forgone conclusion,otherwise why would they be sending emails about the increase to some customers.

"· For existing customers, the Hopper DVR and Receiver fees will be $12 each, when applicable. Existing customers with a second Hopper will receive credits for 18 months to offset the Hopper Receiver fee increase."

That statement says "Hopper DVR AND receiver fees". So does thar mean all receivers will be $12? Or only Hoppers will be $12? What if I have two hoppers, $12 each?

Ok so let me get this straight, we get a rate increase but no ESPNU in HD, no WatchESPN, no Disney channels and so on in HD... AND those that have hoppers will pay $12 each, what where they before as I'm not sure as I don't have them yet.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that one yet. I would hope with a $5 increase we would get ESPNU in HD and Disney along with ABC family but who knows. The AEP went up $15 last year and not one thing was added. They didn't even add HD to all the standard premium channels. So now it's another $5 on top with Hopper fees. I'll take that 18 month credit. I give Dish props for that but we all know in 2015 there will be increases and so on and so on.

I'll just drop down to AT120 till fall and then get AT200 for Big Ten Network and FS1. That way we'll have our college football covered. I'll dump our premiums too. I'll get HBO for a month to catch up on Game of Thrones with HBO Go. So Dish won't be getting anything extra from us either. In fact they will be losing money. We have the AEP right now with that nice $10 credit because I was a new customer.

Hell we don't watch much TV in the summer so we could go Dish pause for June, July and most of August and save probably $250 give or take a year.

FTR, BTN is included with plain AT120, if you live in the BTN DMA's

Yea I saw that but to get FS1 you have to get AT200. They have a lot of good college football games on FS1. I appreciate you looking out for me though.

I just looked again. I think you have to have AT120 Plus to get Big Ten added. At least that's what it looks like.

Last edited:
HD Free for Life Changes to HD Free for 24 Months – Effective January 17, 2014
HD Free for Life will change to HD Free for 24 Months for qualifying Residential and MDU Residential customers. HD Free for Life will no longer be available to new customers.
• Existing customers who have HD Free for Life as of January 17 will continue to have it for the life of their account, or until they choose to remove it.
• HD Free for 24 Months will be available to new customers prior to activation with a qualifying plan who activate between January 17 and June 12, 2014. The offer must be added at time of sale, or during a work order modification.
• There will be no grace period to add HD Free for 24 Months after activation.
• At the end of the 24 month offer period, customers will be charged the then-current monthly price to retain HD.
• AutoPay and Paperless Billing are still required to qualify for HD Free for 24 Months.

FTR, BTN is included with plain AT120, if you live in the BTN DMA's

no you need AT120+ for BTN. Its treated like a RSN

just ran my zip on the mydish site and get this

Regional and Collegiate Sports Networks are available with America's Top 120 Plus or higher.
Station
Fox Sports North
Big Ten

Yea I saw that but to get FS1 you have to get AT200. They have a lot of good college football games on FS1. I appreciate you looking out for me though.

I just looked again. I think you have to have AT120 Plus to get Big Ten added. At least that's what it looks like.
I don't and I do. Had to suffer through Purdue's season (Mom and late Dad's) alma mater.

no you need AT120+ for BTN. Its treated like a RSN

just ran my zip on the mydish site and get this

Regional and Collegiate Sports Networks are available with America's Top 120 Plus or higher.
Station
Fox Sports North
Big Ten
Not if you live in a Big Ten state.

I LIVE In a Big Ten state.....Minnesota

just ran a Indy zip...46203

Station
CSN Chicago
Big Ten
Fox Sports Cincinnati
Fox Sports Midwest

So unless the website is wrong, you STILL need AT120+ to get BTN in those states. In the non Big10 states its added to the sports pack

I LIVE In a Big Ten state.....Minnesota

just ran a Indy zip...46203

Station
CSN Chicago
Big Ten
Fox Sports Cincinnati
Fox Sports Midwest

So unless the website is wrong, you STILL need AT120+ to get BTN in those states. In the non Big10 states its added to the sports pack
Well, confirmed my $49.99 AT120 package and am currently watching "The Journey:Big Ten Football 2013" on Ch 405-1. My zip is 46256. So.....

"• Existing customers who have HD Free for Life as of January 17 will continue to have it for the life of their account, or until they choose to remove it."

You have FAITH my friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts