Problem adding extra time to Hopper 3 timers

NotTheNoob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
West Coast
I upgraded from a 722 to the Hopper 3 a week ago. I absolutely love it, but I do have one frustration.

On my old box, when adding time to the beginning or ending of a timer recording, an option was given to add the time to the particular program, or all programs for the series recording.

With the Hopper 3, when adding extra time, it is added to every scheduled broadcast for that program. How do I add extra time to only one particular broadcast in timer/series recording?

Last edited:
You may have to set a timer to record only that one episode and then go to edit the timer and change the time.
That doesn't work. When skipping a particular episode in a series time, it can be only be restored as part of the series timer, not recorded as a single timer.

The 722 and the Hopper allow adding extra time to individual episodes within a series timer. Why was this feature removed from the H3?

That doesn't work. When skipping a particular episode in a series time, it can be only be restored as part of the series timer, not recorded as a single timer.

The 722 and the Hopper allow adding extra time to individual episodes within a series timer. Why was this feature removed from the H3?

I had no idea it was a feature. I'm curious why you would need to do this with one episode in a series?

I had no idea it was a feature. I'm curious why you would need to do this with one episode in a series?

The feature comes in very handy for English Premier League Soccer on NBCSN. For particular matches, I like to add time at the beginning so the pre-match show is included with the recording.

NBCSN airs several English Premier League matches every weekend. The pre-match show is titled Premier League Live. On any given weekend, there could be 4 to 5 new episodes of Premier League Live. Some Premier League Live episodes are 60 minutes long. Others can be a short as 15 minutes. For particular matches, I prefer to have the pre-match show and the actual match as a single recording.

I upgraded from a 722 to the Hopper 3 a week ago. I absolutely love it, but I do have one frustration.

On my old box, when adding time to the beginning or ending of a timer recording, an option was given to add the time to the particular program, or all programs for the series recording.

With the Hopper 3, when adding extra time, it is added to every scheduled broadcast for that program. How do I add extra time to only one particular broadcast in timer/series recording?
On my 722K all of my timers are manual timers. I add 1 minute at the beginning of the show and 5 minutes at the end of the show. I'm hoping I can do the same on my Hopper 3. The reason I add 5 minutes to the end is that it seems that the timer when I go to the guide and highlight a program I want to DVR cuts off about 1 - 2 minutes early before the show has ended.

As for skipping a timer for an episode or when the show I want to DVR isn't on that week on the 722K I just go to the schedule highlight the timer and hit "SKIP" for that week. The next week the timer works as programed.

Sometime the show isn't on that week. for example on Animal Planet this past Sunday North Woods Law wasn't on because of the Puppy Bowl. So I just set the timer
for that episode to "SKIP". this coming Sunday it will work as programmed.

Sometime the show isn't on that week. for example on Animal Planet this past Sunday North Woods Law wasn't on because of the Puppy Bowl. So I just set the timer
for that episode to "SKIP". this coming Sunday it will work as programmed.

Why would you need to skip an episode that isn't on. I'm confused here.

Why would you need to skip an episode that isn't on. I'm confused here.
Since all of my timers are manual the "Timer" doesn't know that it isn't on. All the timer sees is a timer setting for between (example) 7:59 to 9:05, every Sunday,
on Animal Planet. As I said all of my times are manual timers. It won't cross reference a show in the guide. For the above timer all the "Timer" routine doesn't see
that North Woods Law this past Sunday was replaced by Puppy Bowl.

As I said in another post in this thread if I just go to the guide and program a timer based on whats in the Guide I will loose 1- 2 minutes at the end of the show.
That's why all my timers are manual.

Since all of my timers are manual the "Timer" doesn't know that it isn't on. All the timer sees is a timer setting for between (example) 7:59 to 9:05, every Sunday,
on Animal Planet. As I said all of my times are manual timers. It won't cross reference a show in the guide. For the above timer all the "Timer" routine doesn't see
that North Woods Law this past Sunday was replaced by Puppy Bowl.

As I said in another post in this thread if I just go to the guide and program a timer based on whats in the Guide I will loose 1- 2 minutes at the end of the show.
That's why all my timers are manual.

Oh. So you don't have a timer for the specific show, you have a timers set for that time period on that channel. That makes sense.

Oh. So you don't have a timer for the specific show, you have a timers set for that time period on that channel. That makes sense.
Correct. If it wasn't for some reason missing the last minute or 2 of the show I would set any manual timers. I don't know why my 722K does
that. If I'm not mistaken the time on the receiver comes from the satellite. The timers appear to start at the correct time I have setup so
I don't know why the end of a show is being cut off.

Don't use manual timers, just set the timer default to add 5 minutes and you'll be set.

Don't use manual timers, just set the timer default to add 5 minutes and you'll be set.
Damn I didn't know you could do that. I just looked on my 722K and sure enough I can do that also. I'll do that when I get my Hopper 3 installed.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts