Problem DVRing the 110 Signal on my 921

gbs

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 12, 2005
Benton, Arkansas
My system is a DP Quad through a DP34 switch that feeds 5 TV inputs. I THINK the way it is installed is with two lines from the quad to the DP 34 which feeds the two inputs of my 921 and the two inputs of my 322. A third line from the Quad goes to a 311. When I set my DVR timer to record (usually HBOHD at night) the recording displays the "acquiring satellite" signal in an almost rhythmic sequence.

If I go to the POINT DISH routine on the 921 I can see the signal fading and then re-locking and it seems to be isolated to the TUNER 2 input. Seems to be worse at night.

Do I have a short? bad ground? or does my Dish need to be repointed? The problem seemed to have started in last 2-3 months. I do have a pair of pine trees that my dish looks between but they were there when the system was installed a year and a half ago.

I would try what oljim said first. If that doesn't clear up your problem, I would try pulling the plug to remove power from all of your receivers. First, I would plug in the 921 and run a switch test. Next, plug in your 322 and likewise run the switch test. Finally, you can power-up your 311 and run a switch test.

I had issues with my DP34 getting "confused" about what LNB and satellite position were plugged into it and saw that completely removing the power from the DP34 will usually clear it up.

Also, pine trees grow a lot faster than other trees, so it might be possible that your two trees may have reached the height where they now interfere with your signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)