This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Problem with 1000.2 and dpp44

hallbra

Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
I hooked up my new dpp44 switch on my dish 1000.2 system today. However, when I performed check switch on my vip 622, it only loacted 110 and 119, and not 129. Any suggestions on my next move?

What happens if you run a cable from the 1000.2 dish directly to the receiver? Do you get 129?

So you have 3 cables going from the dish to the switch, correct? Check the cable for 129 and make sure it's tight. Also make sure the stinger for the 129 cable is a little longer. The DPP44 switch likes the longer stingers.

Yes, three cables are connected from the dish to switch. I will double check all 3 stingers. What is easiest way to tell which wire goes to which satellite. Thanks for the quick help

At the switch I usually go:

Port 1 119
Port 2 110
Port 3 129

but the order doesn't really matter. At the dish, take a look at this picture:
Tech Portal : (choose receiver model) : Equipment : DISH 1000.2

You could also just test the cable for each of them by connecting one cable at a time to port 1 and running check switch. You should only see one satellite at a time but that way you'll know which cable is bad or needs a longer stinger.

You called it! It was a short stinger on the 129. Thanks again for the help!
One more question, my receiver that I have hooked up to the power inserter seems to be a little slow in switching channels and sometimes hangs up on certain channels.
Any ideas why it would be doing this?

Is it an old receiver? I have a 622, 722, 625 and 501 receivers, they all change the channels fast except for the 501. Just a thought.

You dont need a power inserter unless you are running 4 receivers.

Yes, he does. He has a DPP44 switch and while it works without a power inserter, it's not recommended. The receiver powering the switch is outputting more power than it should.

With the screen name that you have, I hope you are not an installer because the power inserter on a DPP44 is basically Dish Pro Class 101.