Dish offered me a free 722 Upgrade to stay

Left Field Fan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
Hopefully this info can help some of you who have defective 622's. I had fufilled my contract with Dish and due to programming/622 issues I decided to leave.( my choice no bad feelings ) Here is the reason for my post: I had a 622 where the HDMI went out after a week. I used the component out for 18 months, but wanted to get it fixed to get ready for DRM. They sent me a new 622 and it just kept rebooting. The third one HDMI worked, no continuous rebooting, but when it was recording on tv2, and I went to change the channel or watch a recording it would lose video and you could only hear audio, took forever to tune to channels etc... When I called to cancel and finally got to the guy who terminates service, he offered me a 722, yes 722 no charge, I said and that would cost me another 18 month deal, he said no they could get around that to keep me. My mind was already made up, so I said no, but thanks. I was a customer for 22 months and had AEP w/HD. So it was not like I was a 10 year sub or anything. I just thought if they would offer this to me maybe this information could help some out there with defective 622's that keep trading them out like I did.

Interesting. I've been with them 8 years and they want $100 from me to get a 722 to replace my 622 w/ bad HDMI port. Maybe I should tell them I'm leaving. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts