Problem with DISH 20.0 and 21.0 remotes

Crazy Irish

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Ok, we seem to have stumbled across an interesting problem where the SAT button on the 20.0 and 21.0 remotes are messing up the customer's tv.

The first time a saw this was when using the recover feature on the 20.0 remote with a 222k. The last thing the remote does is put itself back into the SAT mode and when it would do that, the customer's TV would go into its setup menu. We tried several other valid codes for that tv and had the same problem.

Today I had a tech with a similiar problem involving a 21.0 remote on a 722k install. Everytime they pushed the SAT mode button on the remote, the TV changes to channel 3. The problem being that this of course was a TV2 location and needs to be on channel 60.

Anyone seen this before or know of a solution. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for asking this question!!!

I have this problem with the RCA TV in my living room. I am using a 6.3 UHF/IR remote to operate TV #1 via UHF on my 722 with it. Any time I press the "Sat" button, it changes the TV's video input to s-video. I need the TV on my coax input (channel 63) to view my TV#1, so I then have to hit "TV", "TV/Video", put my hand over the end of the remote so my TV doesn't receive any command, and hit "Sat" to change it back. It's very annoying and frustrating!!

What I find even more confusing is that I assumed that when pressing the "Sat" button, no commands would be sent. I figured that it just changes the mode of the remote and nothing more. That's obviously not the case. I sure hope someone responds with a solution!! I don't know why I have been putting up with it for probably about a year without asking someone here about it!!

I've seen this with several different remotes, not just with 20.0 and 21.0. It usually happens with an rca tv, i think it may have been a feature of a particular rca code in the remote to put the tv on channel 3 do watch the dish whenever pressing the sat button. Whatever the reason for it, there are numerous codes in the remote that will work with an rca tv, just try a different one.

Question about 110 and Texas

Can Anyone explain Sling Guide in Layman Terms?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)