Problem with One of Two 322s (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

owensdj

Feb 18, 2007
I got Dish Network set up a few days ago with two dual-tuner 322s. The two TVs on one of the receivers work great, but I'm having problems with the other receiver. I noticed that it sometimes said "acquiring satellite" when changing channels, then it would sometimes say "check switch." I tried the check switch test and now I can't get any programming. I called Dish tech support and they seem to think it might be a cabling problem. They're sending a tech, but not until Monday. Any ideas on what I could try

volkodav

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
us
was your place wired fir cabling or did the tech ran all the cables? what did your check switch said when you did test?

owensdj

Feb 18, 2007
volkodav, thanks for the reply. :) The Dish installer got rid of all of the cable TV RG-59 cabling and ran new RG-6 from the Dish 500 to each of the two dual-tuner 322 receivers.

I think I would get a 502 error when I would do the Check Switch. Sometimes I could do a Check Switch with the cable from the dish disconnected to clear everything out then reconnected it for another Check Switch to get it to re-acquire 119 and 110. Even when I did that the Installation Summary screen had the wrong information. It would have two other ports next to the 119 and 110 for each Satellite Input. Satellite Input 2 had two 110's listed.

volkodav

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
us
i think thats because your LNB toasted. when you do check switch can you tel us what exactly it says for example
119 110 x
all all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts