Problems with Dish reps...

Pyrophoric

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
[rant]

I am hoping that this isnt going to be a pattern but I just got off the phone with Dish after being told that the deal I was signed up for isnt the deal I am going to get and I am outta luck...

When I signed up for Dish I was offered a DVR 510 free(lease), free install, $49 upfront fee waved, and an addition $49 credit on my first bill. This deal seems kinda like the clubdish one huh?

Anyways, since that day I changed the box to the 522 and was made sure the deal I had been signed up for was the same and I asked them to list what I would be getting .. and it was the same as above.

Well, I checked the Dish site on Wed. and saw there was my bill but no $49 first bill credit so I called Dish up. I was told that the credit might take that night to show on my bill but once the site updated I would see it there. Ok, so now yesterday I called again to add a channel to the bill and today I see that reflected on the bill. Sooo, I decide that maybe I need to check again to see what is going on. I call up just a few min ago and get told that if I dont see that credit I am outta luck and to just pay the bill I see. I get pissed and after going back and forth I ask to speak to their supervisor. So now I am talking to the supervisor ... Well, he simply tells me that he has written an email to the supervisor of the person who FIRST gammie the deal, because he is not in today, and I should expect a call back but if I am told that the credit is not going to be applied then there is nothing I can do.

You know, I thought to myself before I actually got Dish installed that everyone was so nice and knowledgable but now that I am a customer it seem that they dont give a crap about me and I am already in so they think I am just going to stay.

The funny thing about this is that when I found out about clubdish I asked them if it would be any diff if I used that instead of the deal I already had and I was told that they were the exact same deals.

Man, between the DVR problems and now cumstomer support acting like terds I dunno if I wanna stay with Dish. It does seem very nice and I love most of it but I dont like being made to be a dumba** when I know what I was told.

Guess now I just wait for the call.

Oh, the other funny thing is that I have ZERO problem with paying $150+ for the first bill its just that I was told something and I want them to honor what they said. Even if they didnt sign me up for that deal I coulda used the clubdish :(

[/rant]

Don't know the specifics of how your account was setup promo wise but after the account is setup a macro goes in and automagically adds the credits within 24 hours. Any sort of DHA accounts club dish or not will get the 49.99 off. Not sure why the supervisor is having to get in contact with the original agent over an automated adjustment.

drod said:
Don't know the specifics of how your account was setup promo wise but after the account is setup a macro goes in and automagically adds the credits within 24 hours. Any sort of DHA accounts club dish or not will get the 49.99 off. Not sure why the supervisor is having to get in contact with the original agent over an automated adjustment.

DHA Account?

The sup said he has to do that because normally people dont get both the upfront install fee waved AND get a credit to the bill.

every time you talked to them it cost you 5.00 did you know that?

and every ergen idiot on this site will deny that

when you get your bill write back

i throw 3-5 of his junk dishes off of 2 nd story roofs every week, the cx are tired of the charges and lies,, ergen is an idiot and the service sux

If its leased its the promotion called Digital Home Advantage, I won't try to supercede what the supervisor said but both are automated and if you get charged 5$ to speak to a customer serv rep I must have missed it because I have not charged a single person that in my 3 years of service. The issues with the customer service are there but are everywhere, its hit and miss from person to person. Friends swear by the customer service and obviously theres people like yourself that haven't had the best service. Same can be said with V*, D*, and any cable company, anything of the sort.

True, no matter where I go problems might happen...

It's just that everything was perfect till this point. I guess nothing is truely perfect though and this is the wall that I had to hit.

Looked up DHA and saw this ...

Activation Fee

You must pay a $49.99 Activation Fee. Such fee is completely non refundable once the system is activated. You will receive a $49.99 credit on your first bill.

So I dunno what to make of things. I wasnted charged that fee which Dish says I have to pay in order to get the deal so I dunno what deal I actually got. Weird though, it says the $49 fee will be credit on my bill SOOOO doesnt that mean I should see the waved fee on my bill too? I mean waved or paid it shouldnt really matter .. the fee was taken care of and if things follow their correct order then that waved fee should still come as a credit on my bill.

If you signed up with a local retailer.. i'd expect you should get that credit on your first bill.

If you signed up with Dish Network directly (you called their 800 number and signed up) then they might waive the initial fee only borrowing from the credit on the first bill to do so. They'd be the only people who sell the systems that would have the capacity to do so.

That fee for the initial installation is waived for the club dish, you don't pay anything upfront and you still recieve the credit. For club dish you give the person the cert number and the cc for auth purposes but only a dollar is charged on it and released in 72 hours. That is the 'special promotion' when you sign up a friend, they get that 50$ activation fee waived and after the 90 days you get the credit, but from an agent I would give it 24 to 48 hours if it hasn't already appeared then something is wrong, because as I stated earlier, the 49.99 credit is something everyone gets.

Ohhh, ok :)

I dunno, is there anyone I can talk to if the people come back and say I am not getting the credit?

Oh btw, I just noticed something funny on my bill...

Previous Balance 0.00

Payment(s)-Thank you! -0.00

Balance $0.00

After that it shows my current charges. Three things come to mind when seeing this though ..

First, maybe the credit was applied but maybe it was applied too soon and since there was already a $0 balance it couldnt apply more than $0.

Second, maybe someone put in the wrong amount to be credited so it defaulted to $0.

Third, maybe this has nothing to do with anything :p

I would just let them know that with the club dish DHA promo that you signed up for you are entitled to a 49.99 credit, first like I suggested give it 24-48 though, I find it odd your balance is saying 0 since we send out bills like 15 days after accounts are started. Also look at the first bill and remember that it is for 2 months, not sure what programming you have but if you have the AT120 and locals on 1 rcvr thats roughly 79.98 and would minus the 49.99. Either customer service or tech support but anyone should be able to help ya out.

Who did you purchase the system from? Local retailer, 800#, website?? When the install was completed you should have signed and been given a copy of the work order.The work order should have an agreement number and a Promom Code. You can use those two numbers should you need to call Dish again. Look to see what the promo code is on the work order and we'll be able to tell you what you should be getting as far as a refund. If it is Clubdish you should'nt have had to pay anything upfront and should be getting a $49.99 credit. If it's the DHA plan you pay $49.99 upfront and get a $49.99 credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts