Probs with recording future shows

couger77

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Kansas
Dilemma: I have TV1 set to record a show at 9:00pm. I see another program I want to record for the same time on a different channel. I should be able to hit the select button twice to set the recording. It will not let me b/c it is trying to use TV1 when TV2 clearly has no set record time for any channel on or near that time frame. Am I wrong? I have the prefs set to default TV1 by the way. I can get this to work if I go back into settings and pref TV2. What gives??

:confused:

couger77 said:
Dilemma: I have TV1 set to record a show at 9:00pm. I see another program I want to record for the same time on a different channel. I should be able to hit the select button twice to set the recording. It will not let me b/c it is trying to use TV1 when TV2 clearly has no set record time for any channel on or near that time frame. Am I wrong? I have the prefs set to default TV1 by the way. I can get this to work if I go back into settings and pref TV2. What gives??

:confused:
Your problem description sounds like you have a 522. Try using the TV2 remote to set that tuner to record the second program you can't set a timer at the same time with Tuner 1's remote the receiver isn't intelligent enough to know to set the timer on the other tuner. Just another shortcoming of DISH versus TiVo. :(

boba said:
Just another shortcoming of DISH versus TiVo. :(

Actually, this is a 522 specific shortcoming.

My 721 is smart enough to swap between tuners as necessary, and pop a conflict if I try and add a 3rd show.

The 721 even trys to record on the UNWATCHED tuner. which was weird
till I got used to it.

Highest Pay TV Score

Superdish problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)