Prodelin dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wolf09

Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Philippines
Hi Mr. Linuxman, I am WoLF09 from the Philippines. I have read your topic about Prodelin 0179-189 or the 1.8m Offset Dish. Me and my friends got the same dish you have there in the USA but the problem is, it doesn't have dish supports for elevation and angle, also doesn't have LNB arm or bracket. My WE request and or if only you can help us to build/fabricate those missing parts by sending us a technical drawing / blueprint if any of the said dish? This is the back of the dish with my friend DrJero. If you have a manual of the dish assembly please send me an email or message me. Thank you!

Looks like your post was broken off a 3-year old thread, and posted independently.

I have seen some of the technical drawings on the Prodelin web site, and think you should be able to fabricate something to hang an LNBF on.
As for the mount, if you look at all the pictures of them here on the forum, I'm sure you can come up with something.
All the dishes I've seen are fixed-mounted, so if you want to motorize, you'll have to come up with something unique anyway. - ;)

Hi Mr. Linuxman, I am WoLF09 from the Philippines. I have read your topic about Prodelin 0179-189 or the 1.8m Offset Dish. Me and my friends got the same dish you have there in the USA but the problem is, it doesn't have dish supports for elevation and angle, also doesn't have LNB arm or bracket. My WE request and or if only you can help us to build/fabricate those missing parts by sending us a technical drawing / blueprint if any of the said dish? This is the back of the dish with my friend DrJero. If you have a manual of the dish assembly please send me an email or message me. Thank you!

If I remember correctly this thread has most of the information you are looking for, perhaps even some diagrams I found when working with my Prodelin.

I know it is a long thread, but I don't have time to go through it right now to find the specific post, but there is some information about finding the focal point etc. that I think you might find useful. :)

All the dishes I've seen are fixed-mounted, so if you want to motorize, you'll have to come up with something unique anyway. - ;)

It that dish is like my 1.8m Prodelin, just the dish part weighs 35 kilos. A mount to support this and the motor would have to be very robust...

Interesting. That could be OK if installed in a place that is sheltered from wind forces.

Solid dishes can receive tonnes of force from strong winds.

For a Prodelin 1.8m factory mount, the pole is on the order of a 4 to 5 inch diameter steel pipe. The main frame is 4 inch (approximate) steel.

I guess. . .
The link above takes ya to Imageshack, and a whole host of interesting pictures.
It's easy to see the OP has plenty of experience with satellite dishes.
His home-made mount for the Prodelin looks like he's really making progress with it! - :up

This our latest on our project. The LNB arm are not in the exact length but we've tried it on NSS11 108E. Where in the Philippines but we have view/signal from NSS11 China Beam ( out of footprint ) its not stable but viewable.

Anybody can help us to find the exact length of the LNB arm of this good dish? It is not included in the geometry drawing found in their website ( Prodelin ). :)

Anybody can help us to find the exact length of the LNB arm of this good dish? It is not included in the geometry drawing found in their website ( Prodelin ). :)

They do show the distances from the top and bottom of the feed to the top and bottom of the dish. If your feed has slightly different dimensions, you should be able to interpolate. Otherwise just multiply the dish diameter by the f/D (probably 0.6) to get the focal length. This can be a bit of a pain to measure on an offset dish because it has to be measured from the center of the paraboloid of which the offset dish is but a section. Often this is just a perpendicular from the bottom of the dish. It's usually easier to fabricate a mount that allows some adjustment range and find the focal point by metering.

Some improvement of the fabricated mount. Missing is the adjustable angle screw/lock. My mentor Boyet05 designed the mount and his friend Richie build it for him. Actually the dish is from Sir Boyet05. We are continuing our testing for the length of its LNB arm. If you have any idea please help. We will try the dish to get signal from Thaicom5Ku 78.5E, Thailand Beam from here in the Philippines.

- verifying the position

They do show the distances from the top and bottom of the feed to the top and bottom of the dish.
Pendragon's observation should get your LNBF located pretty accurately.

Here's an alternate way, or a trick to confirm the above is correct:

Put your inclinometer on the back of the dish, and set the dish rim vertical.
The inclinometer should read 90°.

Look in the specs, and find the offset of the dish.
Say it's 24° degrees (use the actual number, of course).
Pick a strong satellite that is very high in your sky.
Let's say the satellite elevation is 54°.

So, take 54° - 24° = 30°, and that is the angle to you tilt the dish back from vertical.
The inclinometer reads 90° now, so subtract the 30° tilt-back.
Aim the dish up into the sky 'till the inclinometer reads 60°.
Now, you move the LNBF up and down a little (and the dish side-to-side) to acquire the test satellite.
Once you've found your bird, you know the LNBf support arms are properly elevated.

You can write the offset angle on the back of the dish and use an inclinometer on your mount to set the elevation for other satellites.
Or, you can make up a custom elevation gauge like the dish had from the factory.
The simple thing would be to mount a small plate on the back of your dish at the proper angle, so your inclinometer reads elevation directly! - :rolleyes:

Last step is to move the LNBf toward or away from the dish to peak the signal.

The finished home made mount of 1.8m Offset Prodelin Fiber Dish. The LNB arm length is 52 inches. Thanks Sir Anole and all of you here http://www.satelliteguys.us, I'll keep this post updated everytime we have change or improve the mount.

The other Prodelin.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)