Proper wiring for 722 in home theater setup?

Richie3000

Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
South Carolina
I've got an odd problem where my 722 won't record anything I tell it to during the middle of the night. It's almost as if the unit loses all power (not even in standby mode) shortly after I power down my TV/AV Reciever etc. for the night.

I'm starting to wonder if it has anything to do with wiring. Currently, I've got the 722's HDMI running into my AV Receiver THEN to my tv from there.

Is it possible that when I power down the AV receiver for the night, it's somehow cutting all power to the 722, by way of the HDMI cable? Anybody else heard of this?

The other symptoms seem to include a totally unresponsive power button (I could press power and it won't turn on for five minutes), as well as it seems like it constantly reboots every time it does manage to come on...

Anyone?

Do you have the receiver plugged into a power pass on the AV receiver??? Turn off AV and so goes the power.

This isn't a whole lot of help but my 722 is also connected to my Onkyo AV receiver via HDMI, then HDMI from there to TV. Never had your problem.
Good luck!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts