Question about 622 rebate

mysgaccount

Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
I keep reading that current 921 and 942 owners will get a $200 rebate for the vip622 if they wait until April 1st.

I currently lease an 811 and dishnetwork told me that I would be eligible for the $200 rebate for the 622. Is this true? or I just happened to talk to someone who doesn't know the details about the rebate?

History tells us that, whatever is said in a Charlie chat is not always going to happen, what ever any csr tells you is not always the correct answer.

The whole rebate discussion, and IMHO it is a discussion right now, needs dish to step up and document in no uncertain terms what the rules are. I am as confused as you but i am taking the approach that until it gets announced officially............who knows what the real answer is !! :mad:

Unless someone has an official dish document, which i haven't seen reference to, any answer you get here will be, at best, well informed
guesswork. ;)

I know this is not what you wanted to hear.:(

Last edited:
Thanks for responding to this post. I guess I agree that unless there is something in writing, we really won't be able to tell.

It makes me feel a little better though because I thought that there was document somewhere that had all the details and I just wasn't finding it.

I'll just wait for the "official" document :)

gbjbany said:
Unless someone has an official dish document, which i haven't seen reference to, any answer you get here will be, at best, well informed
guesswork. ;)

Yeah but that is still better than the uninformed guess work from the Csr's at Dish.

When I called tech support in CO, they told me the $200 rebate is for current customers of HD. The rebate is not limited to any paticular receiver, only that you were a current HD sub Feb one. These are the facts as I have heard explained to me.

Indy said:
When I called tech support in CO, they told me the $200 rebate is for current customers of HD. The rebate is not limited to any paticular receiver, only that you were a current HD sub Feb one. These are the facts as I have heard explained to me.

I also talked to someone in tech support tonight who told me that they $200 rebate would be for all HD customers. Maybe this is DISH's way of keeping so many people from rushing to buy 622s? Who knows all I can say is that I sure wish I knew if it were true or not because it makes buying a 622 now a silly idea.

Help Scott!

Scott,

Is there any way you could talk to someone high up in DISH to clarify this rebate thing? Surely if they've already announced it in some way then they are aware of how they are going to apply it. Maybe someone just needs to talk to the right people.

hey guys i sell tv's at an electronics retail store, nebraska furniture mart, and the dish rep has told me they have had no information at all about a rebate for the 622's yet

general487 said:
Scott,

Is there any way you could talk to someone high up in DISH to clarify this rebate thing? Surely if they've already announced it in some way then they are aware of how they are going to apply it. Maybe someone just needs to talk to the right people.

yes i agree... there's too much confusion about this rebate... someone needs to talk to the right people... i think Scott will get the right answers :)

Well I am not Scott, nor do I have his contacts. But I emailed Marc Lumpkin at Echostar.

Below is my email and his answer:

Marc,
In the past you have been good enough to help me under stand some of DISH's offers. I currently own a 811 and 311 receiver and with your mpeg4 receivers and HD local channels I called to order the new Vip622 so that I could not only get the new channels but finally get myself a DVR. But after talking to the tech support department he suggest that if I wanted the Vip622 I should wait until April 1st when there would be $200 rebate. I would really like to believe what he was telling me but everything I read online makes me think he might be mistaken. Is there any way you could help me figure out the truth?

Thanks for the help,
-MacKenzie Patterson

Marc's answer

this is true. reason is we already have the 622 on back order due to demand. So if you wait, you'll get the rebate. No rebate offered until then. but some early adopters can't wait so they'll pay the $299 upgrade. So after April 1, you pay $299 then get $200 rebate. That's a good deal for a nearly $800 set top box.

As has been pointed out before things change, and so come April who knows what the deal will or will not be. But this is at least as offical as I expect we will get until April.

MacKenzieIII said:
Well I am not Scott, nor do I have his contacts. But I emailed Marc Lumpkin at Echostar.

Below is my email and his answer:

Marc,
In the past you have been good enough to help me under stand some of DISH's offers. I currently own a 811 and 311 receiver and with your mpeg4 receivers and HD local channels I called to order the new Vip622 so that I could not only get the new channels but finally get myself a DVR. But after talking to the tech support department he suggest that if I wanted the Vip622 I should wait until April 1st when there would be $200 rebate. I would really like to believe what he was telling me but everything I read online makes me think he might be mistaken. Is there any way you could help me figure out the truth?

Thanks for the help,
-MacKenzie Patterson

Marc's answer

this is true. reason is we already have the 622 on back order due to demand. So if you wait, you'll get the rebate. No rebate offered until then. but some early adopters can't wait so they'll pay the $299 upgrade. So after April 1, you pay $299 then get $200 rebate. That's a good deal for a nearly $800 set top box.

As has been pointed out before things change, and so come April who knows what the deal will or will not be. But this is at least as offical as I expect we will get until April.
That settle's it for me taking my chances and will be waiting till April! Although he didn't say it will be for the 811 also u did include that iformation in ur email! Nuff said i think, straight from the horses mouth!

Good to hear that the $200 rebate applies to "current HD cutomers". I am one, I own a 811. I guess I'll wait until April to order my 622 and new HD package, so that I'll get the rebate. It makes good economic sense for Echostar to pay some of their HD customers to wait until April. Echostar is expecting Echostar X to be operational at 110 by then, and X is be broadcasting all the locals that are currently at 105, thus elimating the need for Superdish 105s. Then VIP622 installers can simply replace Superdish 105s with Dish 1000s. Whereas, for customers with Superdish 105s, any VIP 622 installations done prior to Echostar X becoming operational, would require installation of a second dish to receive 129 or 61.5. That would require a DPP44 to be installed. So, by getting customers with Superdish 105s to wait two months for their VIP 622s, Dish saves itself the cost of DPP44s and avoids having to mount secondary dishes.

MacKenzieIII said:
Marc's answer

Thanks for asking.

one question was answered - if you do it now you can't apply for the rebate in April.

OK the questions that still need clarity, even with this response.

1. Do you need to return the receiver to get the rebate, if so does it have to be the HD receiver.
2. Eligibility of Lease vs Purchase or both - A major area of confusion.
3. What receive res are eligible, 811, 921, 942 etc., second major area of confusion.
4. What programming package do i need to have, i.e. do i need to be subscribing to HD pak or voom or hd metallic, receiver eligibility may answer this.
5. How long must i have been a subscriber or receiver owner, i.e less than 12 months is ok ?
6. If i lease, assuming eligibility, and i have upgraded in the past 12 months can i do so again here or must i wait for my 12 months.
7. If i lease, assuming eligibility, and i upgrade do i need to wait another 12 months or does this not count.
8. What form will the rebate take - money or credit to account or ppv vouchers or what ?

There may be more but this is my list from all the emails i have seen.

Update - I just spoke with jed at the executive office.
1. Do you need to return the receiver to get the rebate - Yes 2. Eligibility of Lease vs Purchase or both - Owned is ok didn't get an answer on lease.
3. Must be a 921 or 942 - , i.e an HD DVR
4. What programming package do i need to have - doesn't matter - but if not subscribing to a hd package then would need to pay the$6 dollar enabling fee.
5. How long must i have been a subscriber or receiver owner, i.e less than 12 months is ok ? - Didn't get an answer on this.
6. If i lease, assuming eligibility, and i have upgraded in the past 12 months can i do so again here or must i wait for my 12 months. - no Answer
7. If i lease, assuming eligibility, and i upgrade do i need to wait another 12 months or does this not count. - No answer
8. What form will the rebate take - money or credit to account or ppv vouchers or what ? - This is still TBD, but it wont be PPV vouchers, it will either be a net 99 fee or a mail in rebate.

One last point, you cannot get this rebate unless you order after april 1st.

Sorry didn't get answer for leasers as i dont lease but i hope that clears some confusion up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts