Question About MLB Subscription

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
I have been a subscriber to MLB "At Bat App" through Apple iTunes since around 2011. Last year I subscribed to MLB.TV for the first time in response to an email offer I received for half off the remaining season from my separate MLB account, which I had from buying tickets over the last few years. I think it was around Father's Day so it seemed like a good deal was around $70. This year I decided that I want to continue to subscribe despite the fact that they raised the price to $150 because it includes At Bat and a few other new features they added and we really enjoyed and used it last year. I thought about just cancelling the TV and seeing if they would offer at half price, but decided not to go through the hassle. At Bat was going up to $30 from $20 anyway. So, today I get an email from Apple advising me of the At Bat increase and unless I cancel my At Bat subscription by April 9th I will be charged. So I'm wondering does anyone know if I can just cancel the At Bat App from Apple and then add it again later using my MLB account credentials, or bottom line, how do I go about not paying for AT Bat twice with the TV subscription? TIA

You use your Apple credentials when you sign up with Apple TV. You use your MLB credentials with MLB. So you should have 2 different accounts.

I have two accounts yes. The point is I am trying to avoid being billed by both Apple and MLB since the At Bat App is now included in MLB.TV. I have to figure out how to cancel the Apple account and still be able to use the At Bat App on my Apple device. Does that make sense? IOW I don't want to be paying $180 to use what I should only be paying $150 for. I am just going to cancel the Apple account and try to use the App and hope that it prompts me for MLB credentials rather than forcing me to pay Apple also. Thanks for the advice.

I have two accounts yes. The point is I am trying to avoid being billed by both Apple and MLB since the At Bat App is now included in MLB.TV. I have to figure out how to cancel the Apple account and still be able to use the At Bat App on my Apple device. Does that make sense? IOW I don't want to be paying $180 to use what I should only be paying $150 for. I am just going to cancel the Apple account and try to use the App and hope that it prompts me for MLB credentials rather than forcing me to pay Apple also. Thanks for the advice.
You are just cancelling one, you can log into the app with either.

Reactions: Foxbat