Question about NBA League Pass

Jason423

Original poster
Jan 16, 2005
I just want to make sure I understand the blackout rules before I decide not to sign up and figured someone here could be of help. I live in NJ and qualify for the NY locals. My regional sports package includes both MSG and Fox Sports New York. I am one of the 10 New Jersey Net fans in the world and since they are broadcast on YES will not get to see them on Dish. As I understand it even if I was to order the NBA League pass the Net games would still be blacked out even though YES is not available. I just want to make sure that is the correct assumption, because if it is Im definitely not going to order the package.

NBA League Pass will be running a free preview from Nov 1-8th. There are YES network Nets games scheduled during that time period. If you sign up before the end of the free preview, you still get the early bird pricing.

So, assuming preseason games aren't worth $169 for you, I suggest that you wait for the free preview and see if the YES games are blacked out or not and decide once you know for sure.

You are correct. If you live in the nets market area (it sounds like you do ) then the games will be BO on the league pass.

aint it a biootch

Thanks for the info guys. Nets are indeed blacked out where I live. Well at least there are the few games with the Knicks I can watch.

I live in NEPA and the Nets do not even claim my zip, but they were blacked out on last night's preseason schedule on Dish Network. I guess I will have to live without them even though their games should be broadcast in my zip on LP whether on YES or not.

i was in the spokane dma last year and all sonics games were blacked out even when they played in portland, whos games were not BO.

bring on basketball!!! im ready.

ITK said:
i was in the spokane dma last year and all sonics games were blacked out even when they played in portland, whos games were not BO.

bring on basketball!!! im ready.
Well I am in the Indiana Pacer market and last year their games were blacked out on the normal Nba League Pass channels,HOWEVER I got all their games on a ALT, channel.

Not sure if tell you anything or not.

trido

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts