Question about new service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dispatcher_21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Walla Walla,WA
I guess techincally it may not be new service. I had dish about five years ago and am thinking about coming back for their TurboHD service. I would order from their web page and decline the two year contract. My co-worker just advised me that when she ordered from the web site, declining the contract, the installer came out and required that she sign a contract with him to cover charge backs. Is this correct? It seems kinda dishonest to advertise something as no contract and then have a contract for the installer even though he is already getting paid by Dish to install it.

There is a place on the contract to either accept or decline the contract. The installer should know where you need to sign before he gets there.
Either way he is supposed to turn that contract in with his paperwork or else get a "paperwork" chargeback. This may have been what your co-worker was talking about. Hopefully, she signed the 'decline' side of the contract.

Another question. According to Directv's FAQ, the monthy reciever lease fee covers the reciever so if it breaks, they will send out a replacement with no extra charge and the protection plan covers other hardware, I am guessing switch, LNB and stuff. Is this the same with Dish also or do you have to have the protection plan to cover the reciever? Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)