Question about setting up Dish Network in a 3rd room

beastman2006

Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
OK, question for you Dish Network experts out there.

I currently have the Dish Network DVD receiver (2 room package) and now I wanna set up Dish in my spare bedroom and in the office. If I went to my local store (ie Radio Shack) and purchased another receiver, would I be able to link that up with my current Dish? And be able to watch different programming from my other TV's? I guess I could pay $5.00/month and get another receiver from dish Network but I was seeing if there was a cheaper way.

Can anyone help me out?

Which Receiver and DVR do you have? If you have the 622 or 222, then you can use the output to tie into the cable (or RF link). You will still only be able to watch one of two channels in as many extra rooms that you have TVs, by simply taking the TV2 remote with you to those rooms.

No you will not be able to use a 3rd receiver without activating it and paying the $5/month 3rd receiver fee.

JWC said:
Which Receiver and DVR do you have? If you have the 622 or 222, then you can use the output to tie into the cable (or RF link). You will still only be able to watch one of two channels in as many extra rooms that you have TVs, by simply taking the TV2 remote with you to those rooms.

No you will not be able to use a 3rd receiver without activating it and paying the $5/month 3rd receiver fee.

I have the DISH Player-DVR 625

It all depends on your LNB/Switch arrangement. If you have available connections then you can easily add another receiver by running some coax.

You are going to have to pay $5 more per month if you add another receiver, regardless of whether you do it yourself or have dish out to do it. Dish will know about the new receiver as you must call them to activate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)