Question about watching recorded shows on a 622 in a location without a dish

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
So here's my situation. I will be moving to an apartment where I can not have Dish. However, my parents will be keeping Dish at our current home. Can I bring my 622 to my apt. where I will have no dish and be able to watch the recorded shows on it and my EHD? It will still be on my parents account. I've read something about receivers needing to authorize with Dish every so often. How often exactly? When it unauthorizes and the recordings won't play could I bring it back to my parents home to reauthorize it or will the recordings already be gone? Thanks for any help.

So here's my situation. I will be moving to an apartment where I can not have Dish. However, my parents will be keeping Dish at our current home. Can I bring my 622 to my apt. where I will have no dish and be able to watch the recorded shows on it and my EHD? It will still be on my parents account. I've read something about receivers needing to authorize with Dish every so often. How often exactly? When it unauthorizes and the recordings won't play could I bring it back to my parents home to reauthorize it or will the recordings already be gone? Thanks for any help.
You will probably have to go back to your parents to transfer the EHD to the 622. The 622 internal hard drive will probably play for several weeks to possibly months before the card deauthorizes. Can you sling your programming instead of moving the 622?

When the card deauthorizes are the recordings gone for good? Or will reauthorizing it allow the recordings to work again? And what's the process to reauthorize? Just hook it back up to the dish and let it get a signal or is a phone call to Dish required?

Phone call. And it would be best if all receivers were in the same household when the call is made.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)