question for anyone using dish500 for 61/72

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
what kind of signal are you getting?

I know ot wont be the best since the 500 wasnt designed for 61/72.

most for me are currently ranging from abt 8 - 11 on 72

Hi, I don't have my portable Dish 500 set up now but when I played around with it a while back I noticed I had to split the signal between the two satellites. What is your SQ on 61.5? The dish will need to be adjusted and skewed until the SQ is about the same from both satellites.

Later, DC

Thanks.
I was hoping some one would have some numbers so I'd have an idea of what to shoot for.
Anyway I got 72 up to mid 20's low 30's. 61 is 50's & 60's so 72 could probably be better bu this will do for now. (It's way too hot on the roof)

Like delta_charlie, I played around with that set-up once for a while. I was able to adjust skew to get both sats in the mid 50's. I'm in FL, so your results may vary...

Like delta_charlie, I played around with that set-up once for a while. I was able to adjust skew to get both sats in the mid 50's. I'm in FL, so your results may vary...

;) That sounds about right...in the 40s and 50s. 61.5 was always lower reading than 72, but with the new 61.5 sat the signals are apparently a good bit stronger. I am going to check some installations I've got in service on the eastern arc with the dish 500 to confirm my suspecions. If a stronger signal is the case, I see no reason the dish 500 setup would not be viable to receive EA reception, especially if locals are not on the 77 sat. This setup would be a lot simpler than tuning the1000.4
Remember to adust the dish 500 skew to proper eastern arc setting. The 1000.2 (WA) dish will also work on EA sats but with a stronger reception than the d 500. Use the center LNB for 61.5 and the outer LNB will pick up 72, while the other outer LNB will not come into play. :tux:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)