Question for cat owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wanted to say one more thing too about this. the first cat we had lived to be 14 years old and came from a shelter. we actually adopted the cat TWICE. when we adopted him as a kitten he would ALLLLWAAAYYYYYSSSSSSS MEOW for hours at a time in the nirght (no sleep) and sounded very similar to this one. we just chalked it up to not being able to have one or have the patience or whatever amnd returned him. and too we were living in an 750 square foot house then (so even with a cat we were cramped with just two people). we wound up building on to the house bc it wsa on a bank and we had a basement foundation dug and poured beneath the house and he actualy prefered to spend the nights in the basement. we went back tot he shelter a year later after the house was done and wound up with the same cat. he was worlds diffarant then and wehn they gave us the papers on him we had noticed htat he was treated for stomach parasistes as a kitten. i guess is aid all of that to say that kittens can be fighters fi they are treated corectly. but no offense and if its something like cancer or something she may be sufering from you will be a bigger man by having her put down.

He sounds like a very compassionate veterinarian. I hope he can bring your little girl back to health very quickly! Seems she had reason to cry all the time, poor little thing.

Any new word on how she's doing??

He sounds like a very compassionate veterinarian. I hope he can bring your little girl back to health very quickly! Seems she had reason to cry all the time, poor little thing.

Any new word on how she's doing??

It's not necessarily "new" anymore but she was put to sleep on Monday. I'll admit that I cried most of the day on Monday and it just happened to storm that night (which really brought things back because she was scared of storms and always wanted to be hugged during one). I'm just sort of getting back to normal now because, no matter how much it hurt, I know I made the right decision. She had a stomach parasite but was pretty weak from that so they sort of "nursed" that with the intention of testing her for cancer ASAP (which took place on Monday morning). Behind it all, she had feline leukemia (as well as heartworms). According to the vet, both were bad trouble for her health with, obviously, the leukemia the more serious of the two. Still, the heartworms could have even proved deadly.

But I did want to thank everybody who did show compassion and shared advice. It really was appreciated. I had almost accepted the fact that she was just a "talker" but, when so many things added up, thought it was best to have it checked out. The only regret I have now is that I didn't take her to a veterinarian sooner.

Cade

We share your loss. Small consolation, but a life of suffering is not much of a life at all. You saved her from unnecessary and pointless pain. Maybe she really does have 8 more.

I mourn your loss with you. As I said before, I had a kitten with feline leukemia too, and it's so sad that they just don't have a chance. I was so hoping for a better result for you. You did what you could for her and made her days better through caring for her.

I'll hug my two cats a little more tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)