Question for Dish Network Tech

BPeter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Mpls., MN
I just did a DIU promotion to have a 301 and 501 replaced with a 722. I already had a 622. Yesterday the tech came out and did the swap and noticed that I was using the supplied seperator, and after running the check switch noticed I would need a DPP44. He installed it and all went well. So far so good. Today, another guy from Dish dropped by to check the install. My wife was home as she always is, but she was not expecting this guy, nor was I. She called me in a panic. Guy turned out to be very nice. This afternoon, my wife had called me at work to tell me the 622 shut off and wouldn't come back on. I told her to ask him if he would take a look. He said I had a bad barrel connected, not rated for the reciever and power inserter. He also noticed my wall outlet was a little less than great and mentioned it might be worth replacing. I talked to him on the phone a little more and mentioned that I had a tv in the bedroom I was going to have to rewire, since the cable came directly from the switch in the basement, and not the 622, where it will come from now. He mentioned using diplexers at both ends of the cable going to the 622, so I can use the cable where it is and not have to rerun it. Sounds great to me, and if it works, it will save me time and energy. The cable is already using the seperator and had a powing inserter, but he said it won't affect picture quality or bandwith for my HD. I was curious if the follow up visit from a quality control guy was a standard practice. I am very glad he came back, he said he would not charge me for the diplexer install tomorrow, since it should have been done the day before. Things are running a little smoother now, and I am very happy. The other things that seemed just a touch odd, was that he didn't call first. He just stopped by. When I was at work, I thought for a second that maybe he was coming back on a buddies word to fence my house. After talking to him, I don't think that is the case, as I mentioned he was very cool. Maybe this is part of Dish's new plan of keeping the customer happy. The first tech couldn't get the DishCOMM to work, but I had it working about an hour after he left. Pretty sweet, since it should save me the access fee. Does anyone know if you can transfer DVR records from the 622 to the 722, and if so, how? Sorry for the long post. I am happy and slighty concerned at the same time.
Thanks,
Bryan

The quality control guys never call ahead of time, its standard practice for them to show up anywhere from while the techs on the job to as much as a week later. Its their job to inspect the work thats been done and correct it though that doesnt always happen if the job is really bad then the tech may be brought back out to reinstall it. I agrea though that it can be a little unsettling to have someone show up the next day after the install specialy with the fact that they dont call and the concern it could be some pervert dressed up in a dish uniform.

Bpeter,
To answer your transfer question, if you are using external storage, you could do that yes, but if not there's a one off $40 enabling fee so you can, plus the external hard drive. I dont think there is any other way. and you can only do it 3 times before i think it asks you to reformat the drive.

Cool, if that is the case I will rest easy. Like I mentioned, I talked to the guy a couple times on the phone. He was a very nice guy, very polite. I applaud Dish making an effort to make sure things are done right. He said the guy did a good job, but he had a few things to talk to him about. He replaced the wall plate and got my 622 dialed in a little better. It was his idea to do the diplexors as well, otherwise I would have been crawling around in the attack in Minnesota next week. Not pleasant. Overall things have gone remarkably well, considering in the last week I got the 722 via DIU, added the DVR Advantage, changed my package from the 250 to the 200, and took advantage of the Cinemax offer. Only one minor glitch. DishCOMM is sweet. Been a happy customer of DISH for over 5 years. Things like this past experience will keep me around even longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)