Question for don_riggins

techspec

Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
From the way you write your messages, you obviously work for dish, which call center are you in? Are you in Colorado or Texas, or one of the other ones?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

Please keep messages intended to be personal to Private Messaging...There are E* employees amongst us...most wish to be anonymous in there surfing and support.

Welcome again,
Jason

techspec said:
From the way you write your messages, you obviously work for dish, which call center are you in? Are you in Colorado or Texas, or one of the other ones?

You'd think a DISH employee would be able to spell "receiver." He definitely talks about experiences with people calling him so he must be one.

Sorry to go off subject but I am currently talking to a gal that was previously a DirecTv CSR a few years back, still friends with supervisor at a call center in Oklahoma that she talks to on the phone. She now lives in Southeastern WV and would like to get a job at the call center in WV and said that her supervisor would give her a good reference. How would I be able to contact them to see if they are hiring and what city is it located in?

Without divulging to much info, I am in Denver. But yeah like to think I am one of those CSRs that have been around long enough to know whats going on outside of the immediate sphere of visions.

I think it's GREAT that we have D* and E* employees browsing and posting here. It keeps us informed on what's going on with both companies.

Exactly, and although their have been agents that tell customers to move their 8 foot dish in alaska because they can't get 110 there are alot more that know whats going on to the extent where they get the job done; just an fyi for all the csr bashers.:p

It's just that influx of dumbness that flushes in whenever school's out that gets ya.

I can look past "is the rcvr plugged in?" when calling for a hit but sometimes you just have to wonder when you're asked "did you do a smart card reset on the 322?"

By the way.. I have a hard time spelling 'receiver', and I've worked with Dish for 2 years.

bcshields said:
It's just that influx of dumbness that flushes in whenever school's out that gets ya.

I can look past "is the rcvr plugged in?" when calling for a hit but sometimes you just have to wonder when you're asked "did you do a smart card reset on the 322?"

By the way.. I have a hard time spelling 'receiver', and I've worked with Dish for 2 years.

My favorite is with the phone line fee. They all suggest that I plug in the phone line.

"Oh man, I actually have to plug it in? I thought it would just magically find its way to the wall outlet."

I can understand people having difficulty spelling receiver, esp since when I write notes in accounts everything is abbreviated, i.e, receiver-rcvr, it saves time and space. I work the graveyard shift and it really helps when notes go down friday nights to abbreviate everything in notepad so I can go back in later and put the notes on accounts, your right about some csrs though, they don't seem to know any thing, I take atr calls and you'd be surprized at some of the transfers I get, by the way, 921's prices are going down soon with the hd monitors, and I can't wait to get one

techspec said:
I can understand people having difficulty spelling receiver, esp since when I write notes in accounts everything is abbreviated, i.e, receiver-rcvr, it saves time and space. I work the graveyard shift and it really helps when notes go down friday nights to abbreviate everything in notepad so I can go back in later and put the notes on accounts, your right about some csrs though, they don't seem to know any thing, I take atr calls and you'd be surprized at some of the transfers I get, by the way, 921's prices are going down soon with the hd monitors, and I can't wait to get one

I work with a lawyer and the abbreviations are, sometimes, so short (and annoying) that I can't tell what the word originally was. "Rs" is short for reschedule or rescheduled. "M" means mail or mailed. "C" means either Clerk, Court, Copy or Client with no distinction.

I got one the other day that read "Rs 12/3, c notice & m to c." It was signed "S." :)

I always shorthand in the notes I leave on accounts so I'm used to putting rcvr myself, don't need to spell it all out.

I didn't just fall off the pumpkin truck, but I still have problems with the I before E except after C thing.

OR is it E before I except after C??? :confused:

RECEIVER
RECIEVER
Edit: After spell checking... added color.

:eek:

Yay, now is the time to call for 921s and HD monitors bundled together, 99 for a 921 and a crt, here I come overtime

Neutron said:
I think it's GREAT that we have D* and E* employees browsing and posting here. It keeps us informed on what's going on with both companies.
It's bidirectionally beneficial--it equally keeps both companies informed on what's going on with us (and in the case of E*, with our damned receivers). "Win win". :)

DISH Network 510 PVR - Lost Recordings.

How to unlock ROM10 A23?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)