Not open for further replies.

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi , does anyone know what does this mean shown below in internet teminology

" WYSIWYG Editor initialized for Internet Explorer in 0.55 second "

It comes at the bottom of the screen and freez the computer , But the internet is connected , but I can't access the site , Unless I disconnect the internet and start all over again to another site . It happens sometimed for some sites , but not all the times .

Any thoughts you would have be greatly appreciated

WYSIWYG (pronounced like wizzy wig) stands for What You See Is What You Get. Is this perhaps a very old machine? I haven't heard WYSIWYG in a lonnnnggg time.

It use to be that many DOS (precursor to Windows) packages wouldn't display formatted text actually in bold or italics. They would instead color text to indicate different attributes. This was better then nothing, but people wanted to see in real time what their documents would look like rather then having to print them out to check them.

Along came WYSIWYG editors. This first showed up probably in word processors like Word Perfect and Word. It was a big leap forward as you could actually see what you were doing with the formatting of the page, not just have to guess what it was like. This spread into spreadsheets and other programs. All this happened during the very early years of the commercial Internet.

It was just a logical extension to bring a WYSIWYG editor to HTML authoring. This allowed people who were familiar with a WYSIWYG word processor to easily design a webpage. I think one of the earliest WYSIWYG HTML editors was a program called Hot Dog but there were others as well. Anymore, I think any HTML editor, other then just a plain text editor, will do WYSIWYG. Current examples are FrontPage and DreamWorks. Both programs though do much more then just plain editing.

Now, for your problem. My guess is that you are doing something to start a program to edit a webpage. When the webpage switches over to an edit-mode, you can't continue to browse.

Go into the usercontrol panel and select another editor in prefrences besides the WYSIWYG editor, for some reason your computer don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts