Question on Dish 1000 install and 129 vs. 61.5...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
I have a Dish 1000 install scheduled this weekend along with 622 install. Hopefully it will be a 1000.2, but I don't plan on being that lucky. I currently have a Dish 500 for 110/119, and a seperate Dish 500 for 61.5.

I have no desire to take down the second dish, and already have a DPP44, so I believe I can add the Dish 1000 and still keep the 61.5 w/o any problem.

I am curious though, how does the system handle getting the same HD channels from both 61.5 and 129? Do you physically see two of each channel, or how does the 622 resolve which sat to look at? Having read about all the problems with the sat at 129 (signal strength of new HD additions), if the signal drops too low on 129, is the receiver smart enough to switch to the higher signal from 61.5?

Finally, would I be better off to just keep the setup that I have, swing the 61.5 dish around to 129, and drop 61.5 altogether?!?

Thanks! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)