Question on Dish Channel Chart

a_hockeynut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
Rochester, Minnesota
I have been looking at the dish network channel list here:
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Locals recently came to Rochester, and for some reason the channels locals are supposed to be on I cannot see on my receiver in the list of available channels. I was hoping even though I am not subscribed to locals to be able to see the TV schedule in my EPG. I called dish customer service, but the guy could not figure it out.

The other reason I am looking into the channel list, is I am expecting this Thursday (based on charlie chat from 9/11) for free america's top 120 and top 180 starting up (and seems like alot of channels from those packages also are not listed).

I also noticed in the channel listing some channels called FREEx (where x is a number from 1 to 7). It says they are for select "subscribers" & pirates. Anyone know what that means? Since they say FREE, I thought perhaps those were the FTA channels you were mentioning, however that does not appear to be the case as this website also talks about the free PI package. FREE1 says it is channel 123, and says showing "pirate TV".

a_hockeynut said:
I have been looking at the dish network channel list here:
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Locals recently came to Rochester, and for some reason the channels locals are supposed to be on I cannot see on my receiver in the list of available channels. I was hoping even though I am not subscribed to locals to be able to see the TV schedule in my EPG. I called dish customer service, but the guy could not figure it out.
if you don't subscribe to locals, they're not in the guide.

The other reason I am looking into the channel list, is I am expecting this Thursday (based on charlie chat from 9/11) for free america's top 120 and top 180 starting up (and seems like alot of channels from those packages also are not listed).
everything is listed that is in AT120 & At180

I also noticed in the channel listing some channels called FREEx (where x is a number from 1 to 7). It says they are for select "subscribers" & pirates. Anyone know what that means? Since they say FREE, I thought perhaps those were the FTA channels you were mentioning, however that does not appear to be the case as this website also talks about the free PI package. FREE1 says it is channel 123, and says showing "pirate TV".
its a channel for the people stealing to "convince" them to go legal and subscribe

Iceberg said:
everything is listed that is in AT120 & At180

Hmm... the one I am most interested in is FSN North (436) to be able to watch more hockey games... that channel is in AT120, but does not show up in my channel list (I subscribe to AT60).

its a channel for the people stealing to "convince" them to go legal and subscribe

Almost like they know who is stealing eh? Strange!

a_hockeynut said:
Hmm... the one I am most interested in is FSN North (436) to be able to watch more hockey games... that channel is in AT120, but does not show up in my channel list (I subscribe to AT60).

Regional sports networks from outside your "local" area do not show up on the EPG unless you subscribe to the out of market Sports Pack. Turner South (to be Sports South next week) will not show up on your EPG unless you live in one of the southern states it serves no matter what.

Almost like they know who is stealing eh? Strange!
Those with "magic" receivers that get everything are the ones that can see these channels. If the only way to see these "FREEx" channels is to have a "magic box". The reason the Channel Chart says select "subscribers" is because there are some out there that pay a monthly fee to "joe's satellite service" and THINK they are a legal subsacriber when in fact "joe" is the one raking in the cash. This channel also lets these people ho THINK are subscribers to Dish know that they are being scammed.

If you have any questions about the chart, please PM me or emailme at dishlist@echostaruser.com. I'll be happy to clarify any of the terms and footnotes on www.dishchannelchart.com.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony

In the OP's case, FSN North would be his local RSN but since he has AT60, none of the RSN's show up in the guide (I have DishFamily and it does the same thing). If he went to AT120 (or AT60+) 436 and the alternates would be in your guide :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts