Question

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i have a network who is a Class A Digital and who would like to be added onto Dish Network.What the chances are of having them go onto Dish Network.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen Bluegras Culver
Streator,Illinois

Unless its associated with a Big 4 network (doubt it as you're in Chicago) the odds are pretty much none

Low powered stations do not qualify for must carry. Therefore the satco's do not have to carry them.

the network is WOCK it is a class A Digital it is a mundofox affilate.

Your probably 80 miles from Chicago. It is a low powered station, on a low VHF frequency. Maybe on a good bouncing night, you might get a sniff of it, but I really doubt you could get it reliably. You would need one big VHF antenna to even try.

about 100 miles from chicago i just wish Dish would pick up some of these Class A stations such as WOCK.and pick up this station and add in HD WCPX.

What exactly are you looking to view on Mundo Fox? Or, is this one of those situations where you just want a channel for the sake of wanting a channel? Most Mundo Fox affiliates are low powered stations. Outside of Spanish announcers on sporting events, I don't know of programming it has that is highly requested by the viewers. Spanish speaking people I work with view it as the MNTV of the Spanish language networks. Ironically also owned by Fox.

about 100 miles from chicago i just wish Dish would pick up some of these Class A stations such as WOCK.
legally they dont have to

and pick up this station and add in HD WCPX.
how many times are you going to post the same crap over and over? We already told you that Ion affiliates will not be in HD until Dish and Ion sign a national agreement like Directv did

legally they dont have to

how many times are you going to post the same crap over and over? We already told you that Ion affiliates will not be in HD until Dish and Ion sign a national agreement like Directv did

From what I have found, there is no ION HD. Was supposed to happen in 2009, but never did.

its in HD. I get it OTA here in Minneapolis (KPXM) and also on Directv (the national feed)

and yes it is in HD...not a simulcast.
I don't think it is in HD proper in my market. They'll show movies in SD.

WHPX ION TV is in 720P in Hartford. What few times I watch, there are HD programs.

Last edited: