Questions about future upgrade

That would be good, but I thought you have to use 2 isolators, not just one.

Technically yes, especially when Joeys are involved. That said, I have seen an installation with 2 Hoppers, no Joeys and 1 isolator that kept the Hoppers separate.

That's good to know JSheridan. I just hope when I get all this set up that my installer will know it. It makes sense that it would work when you have only two hoppers and no Joeys.

Technically yes, especially when Joeys are involved. That said, I have seen an installation with 2 Hoppers, no Joeys and 1 isolator that kept the Hoppers separate.

If I use isolators, I understand that MOCA is blocked. However, that means that internet from one Hopper is not available to the other from what I understand. I explained in my first post of this thread that each hopper could be connected to the internet albeit through different subnets. One would be ethernet and the other wireless using a DISH (Netgear) wireless adapter (or I could plug an ethernet/wireless device into it). DIRT tells me there may be a conflict if both hoppers are connected to the internet. That may be related to sling, on demand, update (or all of them together) capabilities.

Can anyone verify problems or success with separate internet connections using the same WAN IP for 2 isolated HWS?

I can't confirm performance on the same WAN IP but we've got 3 Hoppers here and all are on different networks. One's on DSL, one on Exede and one on HughesNet. No isolators and no problems so far (knock on wood). Just be very sure that Bridging is DISABLED on both your Hoppers.

I can't confirm performance on the same WAN IP but we've got 3 Hoppers here and all are on different networks. One's on DSL, one on Exede and one on HughesNet. No isolators and no problems so far (knock on wood). Just be very sure that Bridging is DISABLED on both your Hoppers.

Yeah. I knew bridging has to be disabled. You sure have a lot of internet connectivity JSheridan. :)

If I use isolators, I understand that MOCA is blocked. However, that means that internet from one Hopper is not available to the other from what I understand. I explained in my first post of this thread that each hopper could be connected to the internet albeit through different subnets. One would be ethernet and the other wireless using a DISH (Netgear) wireless adapter (or I could plug an ethernet/wireless device into it). DIRT tells me there may be a conflict if both hoppers are connected to the internet. That may be related to sling, on demand, update (or all of them together) capabilities.

Can anyone verify problems or success with separate internet connections using the same WAN IP for 2 isolated HWS?

Clarification.....Just wanted to point out that regarding my comment in the quote above about using ethernet or a DISH (netgear) wireless adapter would be redundant on a HWS since it already has WiFi.

Any other comments regarding problems or success with separate internet connections on the same WAN IP for 2 isolated HWS are welcome.

Wireless Joey

EHD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)