questions about slingbox

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
I will be working from Florida for the next year or so. I will be commuting between Boston and Tampa.

I have a condo set up with a nice plasma HD and am wondering if I purchased a slingbox what would I have to do to watch it on the TV.

Do I have to watch it on a computer?

Im trying to get NESN and was wondering what the best way to go about it would be.

Unfortunately I was an idiot so when I picked my unit to set up for staying there I didnt pick one that had a clear line of site for D*.

I need my sox and am currently searching for ways to watch them.

Hey Boston Area DTV, have I got your solution. I have a slingbox that Ramy has access to and my Dad periodically but its hooked to an H20 receiver and only used periodically to tape kids programming on a Vista Media Center. I have Boston channels and NESN HD. You are welcome to connect to it. Let me know if interested and I will send over the sling code and password. My bandwidth is only 756 up so the picture quality is limited to that speed but its not bad on a PC at half screen size.

You do need a computer whether you use my slinbox or your own. You just need an computer that does S-Video out or use DVI. If you want the best picture, you have to have the best bandwidth. If you are able to get great upstream in Boston and great down in Florida, then your picture will improve.

Try my slingbox on a PC to see what its like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts